The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

RANT -- FN GoDaddy!

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
F*cking GoDaddy pisses me off!!

I tried to buy several PR 3-5 aged domains through GoDaddy auctions, added them to my cart and the total came up the wrong amount, their cart said it was $210 and by my calculations it was only supposed to be $140.

So I was like WTF?, deleted all the items out of my cart, went back to the auctions to try and add them again and they were all F*cking GONE! GoDaddy took them; can't buy them at all now. Those F*cking bastards!! :boxing_smiley:

:rant:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I picked up a domain today for cheap. I can't complain.

coupon code LKS295V $2.95 domains.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Update: Called customer service and they were able to make them re-appear and return them to my cart.

The whole thing is highly suspect! 0_o

[video=youtube;2xLI2J3AopQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xLI2J3AopQ[/video]

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
They often do that so you can fully check out before someone else grabs something. Calling support is always first option, if there they hold it for ransom, it is a bit suspect. Otherwise, normal procedure they have been using forever.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
lol

When you put them in your cart they remove them from the auction, otherwise other people could put them in their cart and it would be screwed up. Then it is something like a few hours later if you don't go through with the search they return them to the auction.

Has happened to me a few times, not a conspiracy by Godaddy or they would just get the domain name without even putting it up for auction.

They wouldn't want to announce this or then people would put a ton of auction items in their cart to hold them so others couldn't buy them.

Sort of like when you are looking in the clothing section at walmart and you find a toy some mother/father has stuffed in there so they could go home and get more money to buy the last Itsy Bitsy doll in the store.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
<------ loves GoDaddy. They have 100% of my domain business.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
When you put them in your cart they remove them from the auction, otherwise other people could put them in their cart and it would be screwed up. Then it is something like a few hours later if you don't go through with the search they return them to the auction.

I can understand that, but the domains were removed from both my cart and the auction. So when I went back to the auction to try and add them to my cart again it only showed a link to buy through their domain buy agent service, which costs about $70 per domain.

fpena911

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Oct 11, 2012
I like GoDaddy most of the time. But what I don't like is when I forget to turn off auto-renew on domains or services I no longer want.

I only use them for domains and SSLs though, I get my hosting elsewhere.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
<------ loves GoDaddy. They have 100% of my domain business.

Not me anymore, been shifting to namecheap.com for a few months now. Consolidating over there. Their whole backend is so much easier to use, everything about them is nicer than GD. Glad im moving off them.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I only use Godaddy for domains and SSL certs (won't buy their hosting email or other crap). Works great for me, and GREAT, US Based customer service open 24/7.

theDarkness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 11, 2012
Was the added amount the registration fee? On at least some of their auctions the price is on top of the reg fee, sometimes that weirds people out.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Was the added amount the registration fee? On at least some of their auctions the price is on top of the reg fee, sometimes that weirds people out.

Not sure what the deal was the first time, but the second time it all added up correctly.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
F*cking GoDaddy pisses me off!!

I tried to buy several PR 3-5 aged domains through GoDaddy auctions, added them to my cart and the total came up the wrong amount, their cart said it was $210 and by my calculations it was only supposed to be $140.

So I was like WTF?, deleted all the items out of my cart, went back to the auctions to try and add them again and they were all F*cking GONE! GoDaddy took them; can't buy them at all now. Those F*cking bastards!! :boxing_smiley:

:rant:

Haven't seen you around in a while. How are you, besides this monstrosity?

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Haven't seen you around in a while. How are you, besides this monstrosity?

Overall pretty good, thanks for asking. How 'bout yourself?

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
They have never been anything short of amazing. Their customer service is top notch. If you get auto renewed on a domain and need to get it cancelled and refunded they do it the same day. Just one of my recent experiences with them. No hassles or questions

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.