The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

product packaging?

GamerGripz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 17, 2012
We are getting to the point where we need to start getting our product packaging settled out.

We have NO CLUE on how we want to package it and what would be the best way to package it. We do not want to have to get custom packaging created because that will kill our packaging costs.

So we need some help please on ideas! Here are a couple pictures of our product.
Note that these are graphical computer photos and it is just the grips on the xbox controller, not the controller itself.

untitled.280.jpguntitled.282.jpguntitled.283.jpg

your help is greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Loving the name gamergripz.

Once you have secured a manufacturer, they could help you with this part of the process and that is the easy way.

Or you could find one local and work with them to develop a package design to your liking and then send files overseas. Be sure to let manufacturer tell you which file format they want the image files in. Just encountered this -- sent jpeg files and they replied with a request for ai files or if not then pdf files.

Since you have no experience in this regard, go slow and if possible have someone who has done this process help you or you could end up paying an arm and a leg if you get hooked up with the wrong, unrighteous-type of graphics person.

Wishing you the best and good success to you.

By the way -- we do vehicle covers and this was on the list of products to do... goes to show what we all have heard before; the one who executes wins; who knows, maybe we end up working together? What are the colors that these will come in? Options are endless obviously

Also, if you can, bust your BUTT and get this thing in the market by September. If you do not then you will have missed the 2012 shopping season and will be stuck sitting around holding onto inventory until next year. Shoot for 10,000+ quantity if you can.

If you need more help, just ask.

amgchristian

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 11, 2012
I know nothing about packaging but if I were you, I would look at pre-existing controller packages and look at the packaging. It should have the company's name or logo somewhere in most packaging. ie: milk cartons - tetrapak

GamerGripz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 17, 2012
we have our manufacturer in China, and havent spoken to him about packaging, so I will talk to him and see what he says but i think it is a job that probably needs to be headed by us and maybe a local company. I have a local company in mind so once we get our nexr prototype i will take it over to them and see how they could help us out with the packaging. We are hoping to get the product out within the next 2-3 months. As long as this next prototype is perfect.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I was quoted $100 for custom packaging in China. The company that manufactures your product obviously has the materials to make a plastic package, I'd start there for sure. Have you seen the packaging that Kontrol Freeks come in? What about a bigger version of that? All you would need is a little paper placard to place inside of the plastic package. There are more options, that's just one. Still love the name.\\

Here's Kontrol Freek's packaging:
kf.jpg

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
In their packaging it's just a simple paper card that covers the entire front, and folds back under the product (in a U shape).

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
You wouldn't have to. You could just cover the product completely and put images of your product in action on the paper. It would probably be easier to understand what your product is that way anyways, don't you think?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.