The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Problems with getting started...

Anything related to matters of the mind

sQri

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 27, 2014
While I know, that I don't want to work in a 9-5 job, I have problems to get things going.

I have some ideas;
I have written like 70% of a short erotica book, but now I think it sucks and nobody will buy/read it anyway...

Or writing a book regarding living with little money, but, there are endless books about this topic...

I think, the tie-netflix idea (seen on shark tank)is great, but there are things which will concern me...

These are a few ideas I have, but haven't started not one, because there is always at least one thing holding me back.

I'd would like to overcome this, but don't know how and am grateful for clues.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I think I know what is holding you back. Its real simple, and its called the sales.

If you don't know whether or not your product will sell, you will be hesitant to move forward.

Why would you waste an X amount of energy, X amount of time, X amount of $$$, X amount of resources for something that nobody wants?

Solution? Pre-sell your ideas/concepts before moving forward. Throw up an ad and see if anyone opts in, messages you, show interest etc.

By pre-selling your ideas, you will figure out fairly quickly whether your ideas/concepts/products/service is really worth your time pursuing.

If you don't pre-sell your idea, you will be haunted by the "What if's" in your head and you will never move forward!! :inpain:

yooon

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2014
Poland
Or writing a book regarding living with little money, but, there are endless books about this topic...
If there is a lots of books there is also lots of money in this. I thing that many people taking part in writing means that they have profits. I also assume that you like writing, otherwise writing it the long term will be disaster for you.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Carry on with the erotica. Your first wont sell well. Your second wont sell well. Your third wont sell well.

But you take those 3 and turn them into a bundle and that will sell. Then any other story your write can be made into another bundle. That's where the money's at.

sQri

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 27, 2014
Well, thanks for your replies, I think, I have to plan the content about a book "Living with little money" and then start to write it :)

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
While I know, that I don't want to work in a 9-5 job, I have problems to get things going.

I have some ideas;
I have written like 70% of a short erotica book, but now I think it sucks and nobody will buy/read it anyway...
It might suck, but there's a chance that others won't and will even pay you for your "sucky" book. You should finish it and see.

Stick with one idea at a time. Don't half-a$$ two ideas. Whole-a$$ one idea. (I believe the great Ron Swanson said that).

I think, the tie-netflix idea (seen on shark tank)is great, but there are things which will concern me...
Are you planning on copying their idea? Or are you just brainstorming?

sQri

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 27, 2014
It might suck, but there's a chance that others won't and will even pay you for your "sucky" book. You should finish it and see.

Stick with one idea at a time. Don't half-a$$ two ideas. Whole-a$$ one idea. (I believe the great Ron Swanson said that).

Are you planning on copying their idea? Or are you just brainstorming?

Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah, you're right, it should finish it and publish it.

After that, I'm writing the other book.

Regarding the Tie-Try idea, I'm just brainstorming, maybe I'm putting deeper thoughts in it :)

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
You know what would be cool? Sterile office supplies for clean room environments...

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You must have some idea of what type of writing other authors are doing in your genre. It's seeing what they're not doing, and being creative and making it different instead of the same old stuff.

Adam Chase Lewis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 7, 2014
United States
You seem to be suffering from Analysis/Paralysis. I suggest you start by (1) Defining It. That is, precisely what you want to do. If you're looking to self-publish eBooks on Kindle for example, define the genre you want to go after. Then (2) Research It. Find out if there is a market for your product, in this case books. Why write a book, or a series for that matter if there is no market?

Make a decision and do it. You can only control what you do. The externals are usually never something under your control. I agree with P3HSB... put the idea for your book(s) out there and see if there is any interest; and then go for it.

I've written a short guide on getting started that might help out. You can download it for free here: 5 Step Biz Start Intro

Best!

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

Well, you are no special. Almost no-body that I know wants to work a 9-5.

I have some ideas;

Desert of desertion symptoms?

I'd would like to overcome this, but don't know how and am grateful for clues.

Either you can let your emotions control your actions... or you can let your actions control your emotions!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.