The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Problems/Needs Thread

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Nov 15, 2022
I wanted to make this thread because I feel like it could help others as well as myself find problems that people have with products and services. So if you have problems with a product or service you bought (you most likely will) just complain about here so that maybe someone will make that product or service that addresses this problem. I'll go first

I bought a phone case recently and not even the second day, the kickstand that comes with it no longer works properly. Wasn't even rough with it it was just a piece of shit.

I hate that I don't have a car so I have to walk to the gym after school and rush my workouts. It costs money to buy a car which neither I or my parent have and I don't have my license yet.

So pretty much what ever problems you are having with something you bought just post it here and someone could solve it. Obviously don't just rely on this thread to outside the real world and see the problems and opportunities there are but I figured that this would help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Nov 15, 2022
The griddle at the McDonalds I work at sucks. The top is at an angle to where you have to be careful of cleaning it otherwise your hand gets burned. The place where you put the waste and oil is on the sides, which just wastes time.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 30, 2023
Hey, @ZCP and @EngineerThis too, this is an opportunity for you both.

A couple of months prior I've tried to take industrial design courses and engineering on Udemy but there is nothing. Zilch.

I know it can't just be learned in a course, but an intro course for 5-20 hours that explains engineering and how to calculate loads, and how to avoid vibration and breakages, etc. I've needed this because I was (and I am) in the process of inventing a rather complex machine and there is nothing I sit and learn in a couple of days.

I don't know if there is big enough demand for this but for me this is a "magnitude" issue. Sure, I am in the process of creating the processes yet, but once I come to actually building it, I'll need to make sure it is strong and rigid.

And how to design it? I have no idea! I mean, I have the engineering which looks decent, but if I want to achieve a supreme look, I'll need to know industrial design for it.
I remember I didn't even find a book for industrial design. What?

There is one book - Engineering for Industrial Designers and Inventors - good name and I presume something I'll need when I finish. Both of you have years of engineering (consulting) behind you. Put your knowledge to a book or a course and defeat the Commandment of Time.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Charging my fitbit is a huge inconvenience. I want to keep it on 24/7.

I wish there was a block i can stick to the front that charges it

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Charging my fitbit is a huge inconvenience. I want to keep it on 24/7.

I wish there was a block i can stick to the front that charges it
Whoop have this, you charge a battery pack then stick the battery pack to your band while wearing it

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

A couple of months prior I've tried to take industrial design courses and engineering on Udemy but there is nothing. Zilch.

I know it can't just be learned in a course, but an intro course for 5-20 hours that explains engineering and how to calculate loads, and how to avoid vibration and breakages, etc. I've needed this because I was (and I am) in the process of inventing a rather complex machine and there is nothing I sit and learn in a couple of days.

I don't know if there is big enough demand for this but for me this is a "magnitude" issue. Sure, I am in the process of creating the processes yet, but once I come to actually building it, I'll need to make sure it is strong and rigid.

And how to design it? I have no idea! I mean, I have the engineering which looks decent, but if I want to achieve a supreme look, I'll need to know industrial design for it.

There is one book - Engineering for Industrial Designers and Inventors - good name and I presume something I'll need when I finish. Both of you have years of engineering (consulting) behind you. Put your knowledge to a book or a course and defeat the Commandment of Time.
Doesn't MIT have their entire program online now? Lot of schools do.

@MRiabov like the idea. Let's thought experiment: What is our Product / Market fit? Who is our customer avatar? What value do we provide? What is the cost structure / estimated gross margin? What investment would be needed?

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI

Interesting! I would say the issue is Engineering is EXTREMELY broad. Even in college, you don't get that much knowledge, you will learn a ton on the job, and then a ton more at a different job, and so on. New rules, concepts, important skills in every industry, materials, and scope. It's crazy.
I would say the right way to do it, would be a kind of "Just Answer" platform where the user could request information on a subject, then you make a course around that.. to satisfy that demand at this time. It's just WAY to broad.

However, the problem is, as a new user... You wouldn't even know what to ask to learn about maybe...

Interesting dilemma!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'd love to have a plugin or a trading service that shows me exactly to minimize my taxes while buying/selling stocks.

For example, I'd love to know that at the end of this year, my software would tell me "Currently you have short-term gains of $50K and long-term gains of $100K -- you can sell X, Y, and Z to offset these gains with losses."

I can do this manually, but it takes a lot of number crunching and analysis, especially when you have 100s of trades per year.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
I'd love to have a plugin or a trading service that shows me exactly to minimize my taxes while buying/selling stocks.

For example, I'd love to know that at the end of this year, my software would tell me "Currently you have short-term gains of $50K and long-term gains of $100K -- you can sell X, Y, and Z to offset these gains with losses."

I can do this manually, but it takes a lot of number crunching and analysis, especially when you have 100s of trades per year.
I’ve noticed something with all apps that tell you what to do.

They all become worse naturally as more people use it.

Waze? Still good, but it suggests one route to hundreds of people, so then that route may not become the fastest.

With a stock app like that, they would fluctuate.

When people have stocks that would do well, they would wait, then everyone sells at one time and the value crashes etc.

But it seems like it would come in handy, especially if you have a subscription based platform where paid users get advice first and features like “auto sell when stock hits $xxx”

rory182

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Dec 26, 2022

Haven't used this or this before and not exactly what you're looking after but does have some automation for tax advantages.

A plugin that connects to any platform/API of the users choice would be ideal. Connect your brokerage account -> monitor instantly.

drystan45

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 16, 2023
Calgary
Haven't used this or this before and not exactly what you're looking after but does have some automation for tax advantages.

A plugin that connects to any platform/API of the users choice would be ideal. Connect your brokerage account -> monitor instantly.
Seems like it could be scripted in python. As long as the conditions could be defined and the stock platform is able to export the data as CSV/Excel

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.