The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Priorities, choices, and perseverance.

Anything related to matters of the mind

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Right now I am sitting here emailing, writing, and posting about my first app to try and get some traffic. If I can hit 1,000 downloads on the free app this weekend, I'll have a chance at getting in the Top New Free on Google Play and then I'll be set.

Here's where my life sets in... It's Friday night. I'm 22. My friends want me to come to the bar. These Slowlane friends are excited and celebrating it's Friday and are going to go spend their weeks paychecks on overpriced alcohol they can't afford at hopes of picking up some sub-par girl they'll never marry... I'm all for that! just not tonight haha.:smilielol:

The thing that I hope distinguishes us, is that I quit the job they all use to constantly bring up and be jealous of to do this startup.

Friend: "Ya man, you about to be rollin in the dough or what!? This apps pretty dope dude, how much money you make already? A couple hundred bucks?"
Me: "I'm shooting for $100 in revenue from ads on my first month on the market. It's a pretty steep goal at the moment so I gotta get the traffic in this weekend so I'm stayin in."
Friend: "DUDE, $100, cmon man you quit your dope a$$ job for some petty shit like $100, you screwed up man!"

I'd rather "hope" that working a$$ of for $100 at the potential of making 100's of $1,000's, than "hope" that I get a raise or "hope" that I strike it rich. It also shows the difference that I'm willing to work my a$$ off without the instant gratification of a paycheck, with a bigger end goal in mind than what the slowlaner's expect in life.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm gloating, I just know you guys understand the decisions. Sometimes it's hard going through life when everrryone in your life disagrees with you and thinks your crazy haha.

Spur discussion in all directions! GO.

:thumbsup:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Guest682

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 29, 2012
Me and my only face2face entrepreneur friend are all we have left in the realm of friends. Entrepreneurship is a lonely road, be prepared bro. The peer pressure from 'friends' who really just want to keep you at their level is disgusting to me. Its true misery enjoys company lol but when you make it they'll all be kicking themselves in the a$$ or want to come and work for you lololol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.