The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Outsourcing QUALITY Blog Content

Anything related to sourcing or importing products.

bernieshawn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 14, 2011
Has anyone had any success outsourcing good, QUALITY (!!) blog content? When I mean high quality, I mean real content that actually took a little thought to write and that people would actually want to read. Not just the typical BS "high quality" content that seems as if it was created by mashing a couple articles together. I mean engaging content that actually provides value. If so, where did you find your writer? And how much per article did you pay?

I'm trying to bring my old affiliate blog back to life to provide a little bit of income for the time being until I find a new venture, so I need a lot of good content.

As a side note, has anyone had success in overturning the penalty due to the "unnatural links notice" from Google? I received it on this site about 9 months ago, but was pursuing something else so I didn't really try to fix it. Now, I'm trying to get my traffic back (it's at 50% of what it was) and then increase it over it's old levels.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
I get about 50 magazine quality articles done for my sites a month from 2 writers with backgrounds in the field of my websites. Cost is about $12.00/article. To get the quality you need people with experience about what you are talking about, and the language they are writing in needs to be their first language. Use either elance.com or guru.com to find those kind of people.

bernieshawn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 14, 2011
I get about 50 magazine quality articles done for my sites a month from 2 writers with backgrounds in the field of my websites. Cost is about $12.00/article. To get the quality you need people with experience about what you are talking about, and the language they are writing in needs to be their first language. Use either elance.com or guru.com to find those kind of people.

Cool, $12 per article is actually pretty good for quality content. Are you getting that rate because you order a large quantity on a regular basis? Or could you get that rate for a 1-time order of maybe 10-30 articles?

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I've had good luck finding people that can write with experience on the subject of my niche just posting an ad on Craigslist, $5-$10 per article.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Cool, $12 per article is actually pretty good for quality content. Are you getting that rate because you order a large quantity on a regular basis? Or could you get that rate for a 1-time order of maybe 10-30 articles?

I actually posted this project on elance promising the authors 20-25 articles to work on. Two had pretty similar prices excellent example pieces and as I said a background in my field. I have been able to give them specific topics, and also told them to write about any interesting stuff in my area of expertise (with a few don't touch subjects) but no other guidance than that. I had 40-50 people respond to the posting, and could probably get a couple more talented ones from the pool if I wanted. Once I saw the quality of the work, I messaged them about making this an ongoing month to month project.

Birdem

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 31, 2012
Out of curiousity all the people that own blogs how many of them actually write their own material? throw a number between 1-100 %

bernieshawn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 14, 2011
Thanks guys, gonna post on elance.

Out of curiousity all the people that own blogs how many of them actually write their own material? throw a number between 1-100 %

I used to do 100% of the material, but now as you can see by this thread, it's probably going to change to closer to 0%.

cliqflip

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Feb 21, 2012
Orange County

I would guess 80%

$12 is cheap for quality articles but, at the same time that can get costly.
The most I would pay is $5 per

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
I've hired cheap writers, who gave me a lot of content I haven't dared publish. I probably write 80%+ myself right now.

I also hired a VA through Odesk several months ago. I had her re-write some of the crap content to publish it, and then gave her several keywords to write fresh content on. I haven't got the slightest clue what I'm paying per article, as she does a bunch of work in addition, but I'm guessing $12-20 per article would be about right.

I also get several hundred emails per day, and this gal sorts through them for me, taking care of Twitter and certain other functions, for about $20 per week. Great deal!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.