The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Office Supply Business

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Do you guys think the office supply market is too saturated? I'm very interested in selling them online.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Do you guys think the office supply market is too saturated? I'm very interested in selling them online.

Markets get crowded, but every market has holes. Business owners get lazy, they stop putting the customer first, the customer ends up last on the list of things important to their business. They get too big, they can't pivot fast enough. Given that there are service gaps and holes in every market, I don't think any market is overly saturated. You can't just go throw a bunch of shit up on an e-commerce site and hope to make sales though. If you go into a crowded space, you need a plan, you need to see the holes and how to fill them, you have to find how you can bring new value, better value to that market. You will likely need to think outside the box.

Let me ask you is your interest in selling office supplies online based on an identified need in the space? What is missing in the office supply space?

Maybe it is your value added content you'll obviously provide, maybe you'll become the next "watercooler web hang out for office staff" and make sales as a by product of being the coolest, best place to gather with like minded colleagues on the web. Don't know. You need to find the need or problem in the space before you go ordering up 25,000 sharpies.

Sue

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Loved your response, Sue. Thank you for your honesty and guidance.

-Sean

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Is this the same person who was posting they are going to make millions on lawn service?

Texan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 8, 2012
Texas
Four words: Dunder-Miflin Paper Company

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Is this the same person who was posting they are going to make millions on lawn service?

I think so.

Ya know what this site needs? One of those smiley face emoticons chasing a hundred dollar bill.

Until the underlying thought process changes from chasing money to filling needs and solving problems, this type of tail chasing will continue.

Sue

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
I think so.

Ya know what this site needs? One of those smiley face emoticons chasing a hundred dollar bill.

Until the underlying thought process changes from chasing money to filling needs and solving problems, this type of tail chasing will continue.

Sue

I'm not chasing money so do not claim that I am. I am interested in office supplies, always have been, and have an entire notebook of ideas on how to gain an edge on the competitors. Also owning a landscaping business is wrong? I see no reason I can't do this during the night and off season.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.