The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Newly Single and it feels awesome - An Update

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Johnathan Ta

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 14, 2012
Hey everybody,

For anyone interested heres the Original Thread:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/showthread.php/47809-Freshly-Single-and-it-Feels-like-Shit

Just wanted to come around and fill you guys in on how Single life has been treating me and the plentiful progress I've made over the past weeks.

Of course, with breakups pertaining to large emotional investments (read 4 years down the drain :p) there will always be feelings of sadness and loneliness which is completely normal. What has been important for me over these past few weeks was to get a grip on now - living and being wholly in the present. I've gone on a sort of self improvement binge as of late, and have been really wrapping my head around "self-actualization" and started religiously keeping a daily journal (a new habit, with impactful results).

I genuinely appreciated all the kind words and actual experiences that you guys shared with me in the original thread. There is something comforting knowing that literally every single person in the world has to walk this walk at some point - it's what one decides to make of himself after the fact that really counts.

Two weeks ago, one of my close friends from high school committed suicide. On top of a messy breakup - emotions were high strung to say the least. In times of adversity, you start to really understand who you are and what values are true to your individual identity.

Life to me, is about cultivating value. It is my goal every single day, to go to sleep knowing that the day was in line with the trajectory of growth and in line with my core values. No matter how little or how much growth happens - it has become my bottom line in life, to grow, each and every day. From this mind set, actions happen naturally, productivity happens effortlessly and success ensues organically.

I understand that the past has absolutely zero relevance to right now and that stressing about potential outcomes is irrelevant to the actions taking place at this moment. As long as each and every day happens within the confides of my values and meets my bottom line for growth - I know in total certainty that success in all aspects of my life are inevitable. And don't get me wrong, I'm no hippy. I believe in hard work, dedication and perseverance, but paired with the right mindset and a total commitment to your values, not only will you find "success" but you will find happiness.

Over the past few weeks,
- I have come to terms with the past, because that's what it is - the past. Irrelevant to the core of it's existence.
- I'm literally sitting her at 9% Body fat with a full six pack - yea, it's pretty cool! :p
- My business is on auto-pilot and I've now become a full time entrepreneur. I have 2 new projects that I am working on, and I'm am immensely passionate about both.
- Single life is fun. Tearing up night life and very much successful in the "relationship" realm of my life
- Life just feels balanced. With my new mindsets and insights, everything is just easier, lighter, and more purposeful. I'm happier, and I find it easy to live in the present and outside of my thoughts.

This might come as a shocker. This might come out as hippy to this community - but, I don't care to be a "millionaire" so much anymore. I entirely understand the purpose and need for money, and fully appreciate the positivity that comes with it. However, I want balance more than anything. I want success on all fronts. Health, wealth and relationships. I want to be in total congruence with my values and grow on all levels - It has become evident to me that a large part of the reason why my relationship crumbled was an unhealthy and intense lust for financial success.

After the suicide of my friend, it really hit me to reflect on my values and my wants out of life. For me, I love entrepreneurship. I love seeing my ideas manifest into dollars and I love how passive income enables me to live a life in full pursuit of balance. But, the metric value of x xxx xxx, I could really give less of a shit.

I want actualization, I want cultivation of value and I want happiness.
This is my idea of happiness and I'm ecstatic that the events in my life have lead me in this positive mindset. It's what happens after the fact that matters.

Heres to Health, Wealth and Relationships.
Keep hustlin'

-Johnathan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
Speed + for persevering, Jon. There isn't much more that I can add without paraphrasing your first post, but I like your outlook. It's encouraging to see you blazing a new path after your rough patch. Keep up the great work!

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
this is good man. I am newly single too. I love it. I am working hard, resting well, training, saving money and feeling pretty good. Sometimes I get a little lonely, but its not worth the drama and BS someone brings into your life if they are not as concerned with your health and success as you are. If you are in no need to get married and have kids, whats the sense in having a steady GF? Go out, have fun, casually date and build your business. You will save a lot of money and have the time to take care of the things you want the most.

botnickguy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 20, 2011
Detroit, Michigan
It's a pretty inspiring story of yours reading this. It makes me feel better in a way, I'm 19 years old and as I passed a year I became pretty emotionally invested in my long term. It scared the shit out of me feeling the way I did, like it would have all been wasted if it ended today. Or tomorrow. But then I analyze what would probably happen in the real, and how I would react and it's inspired me to mindfully enjoy life, and make no compromises for anyone but myself.

Have fantastic luck with the single life man, you seem like an intelligent, driven guy, and you'll find someone awesome when the time is right. And you'll probably know now when the time really is right.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.