The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Vancouver Classifieds! - finally up and running

juntao65

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 2, 2009
Hey guys,

I've been around the forum for about a month now, I've made a few posts here and there. I just wanted to let you guys know that we just launched our new classifieds service, right here: Simple Spot vancouver Classifieds

Some things about the site:
- It's a classifieds website solely for Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Earth. (for all of you martians out there)
- It's running entirely on Drupal. So that means we won't have to reinvent the wheel as we dish out new features.
- Yes we do own the .com/.org/.net and some more that I forgot, but we chose to stick to the .ca just because we're targeting a Canadian audience.

So what makes us different? Aside from looks, we're making a classifieds service which provides it's users with optimal safety. Since we're targeting only one city, it's easier for us to ensure that all of the ads are of quality. In addition, we try to keep the entire browsing experience enjoyable. Everything from the placement of menus, and the color choices, were carefully examined to ensure a great experience.

Well, I don't want to bloat you guys with too much detail (unless if you REALLY want it). I would definitely love to get some opinions/criticisms/love or whatever you have to throw at me.

Fun Facts:
Co-founded by me and Ron Solo (also a member of this forum)
we love sushi
the original idea was to introduce video classifieds ( altho you can still embed a youtube video)
my favorite pokemon is mudkip

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

juntao65

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 2, 2009
Maybe it's just me, but it seems to take a long time to load

Well it is on a shared host right now. But we've tried to lower the load times by various methods. I think we averaged at 2-3 seconds/page. Maybe it's your location that could be causing it?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

juntao65

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 2, 2009
Hahaha good call adviv. So any other feedback at all?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
:spam: & :spam:

Mods: Do I get a point for this one???

Good try man. Sorry, he doesn't appear to be trying to sell anything to us. Kepp your radar up though, there have been lots of spam sightings lately.:thumbsup:

Roman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 21, 2008
Pacific NW
Nice job!
I can totally imagine The BEAT 94.5 talking about this, I suggest you find someone who is very experienced in marketing and figure out away to get the word out as cost effectively as possible, after all a business is nothing without customers!

I will use this as I south of vancouver(just over the border)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ron Solo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 4, 2009
Vancouver (Burnaby) Canada
Nice job!
I can totally imagine The BEAT 94.5 talking about this, I suggest you find someone who is very experienced in marketing and figure out away to get the word out as cost effectively as possible, after all a business is nothing without customers!

I will use this as I south of vancouver(just over the border)

excellent, thanks for your feedback =]

juntao65

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 2, 2009
wow, awesome classifieds site Juntao. Jus signed up, great user interface!

Thanks Hindu, I appreciate the feedback. We just finally got to product completion, and we're now entering the marketing phase. Thanks for the suggestion on the beat 94.5, we'll definitely use our creativity to get us on there!

Keep it coming guys. We're pretty active with our site, and we're very fast into molding it how our users see fit.
:thankyousign:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.