The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need advice on how to get customers for a service based business

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
Hello !

I am working on a service based start-up and im getting ready to launch it very soon. This is not an online business. It is a face to face consulting business. A great example of the business type would be like a real estate agent. I am wonder what is the best way to attract new customers?

Now i know word of mouth is sometimes the best way to get new customers but I need this to go viral before that can even begin to happen.

My idea- My idea would be printing out hundreds of flyers that would explain the service. Then just taking a day to pass them out by walking through neighborhoods and putting them on doorsteps. Good idea? Or bad idea?

Is there any other effective ways to market something like this?

Other business that may face the same problem- Landscapers, Real estate agents, Garage cleaners, House painters, Auto detailers , Pressure washing business's,Cleaning business's, Tree service business's.

If you have any ideas on how to market something like this or even past experience any help is awesome

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

shoaib

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jul 14, 2013
Congratulations on starting your new venture...

See, there's no better marketing than marketing done by your customers because customers trust customers.

So, provide the highest quality service and give best satisfaction possible to your customers and your business will take off.

For starting do few things...

Get printed on a newspaper and if you know your prospects well (which you should) then hire a list and do a direct mail campaign to bring in customers.

Rest, word of mouth will do.

Good luck.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
My suggestion would be to use print ads and Google adwords, and target them towards your potential customer. I would also join the local Chamber of Commerce, and get the word out for your business that way. Target some complimentary businesses and see if you can do any cross promotion. One idea I gave a friend in the mortgage businesses is to put on free local seminars for potential home buyers, and explain to them their mortgage options, offer advice, and field any questions they may have. He gained quite a few new clients this way, and all he had to do was pay for a room and some food. Good luck

ricktx

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 27, 2013
Texas, USA
If you have any ideas on how to market something like this or even past experience any help is awesome

Something like this? You never told us what the business is. Hard to offer advice when you not sure what the subject is.. Consulting could be anything from landscaping to IT services. Flyers for landscaping would be an ok idea, maybe, but would suck it high tech like IT consulting. Like real estate ? Hum....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.