The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

foreverforex

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 4, 2015
Over 3 years ago I knew EVERYTHING. That's right. Everything. You name it, I knew it. Well, at least that's what I thought. I threw school away, jumped onto an apprenticeship and thought I was a king, earning $500 / week. Well, sure. Don't get me wrong, the party life was a lot of fun, but now my eyes have opened and I've realised that what I've been doing was wrong.

I started out working 45-50 hours a week, as time went on that soon grew to 50-60 hours a week. This was very life consuming, I didn't have much spare time and I kept complaining that I had no free time and that I was just a slave. Eventually I couldn't handle it, I handed in my resignation after having another job lined up doing the same stuff. However, this new job offered me 30-40 hours a week. Yes, it doesn't seem like much. But I don't have any dependents or responsibilities which require income so it works.

The spare time I now have, doesn't go wasted. Personally I consider it a lot more valuable than working for an employer, even at first when I wasn't earning as much as I would be if I was working. The knowledge and reality you unlock by doing this is far more valuable, it cannot be bought.

Anyway, getting back to the stream of the topic. I had an idea and I decided to act on it.

My idea was simple, but I was scared because it was challenging to overcome things because I'd never done anything like this before. Eventually I got things together and began. Keep in mind, I have programming skills which I learned when I was younger (self-taught) which has been greatly utilised. I paid for and setup my own website. Installed some e-commerce software, got graphics design work done by a friend and WAH BAM! I have a nifty looking website.

Yeah there's still lots of things to do. Finding genuine suppliers who aren't third-party derivatives of manufacturers and getting yourself established in the market.

I did both. I found 2 very friendly manufacturing companies who supply the same type of product who are good to deal with. Before I knew it, samples had arrived and it was time to order some stock.

All that was easy. Getting my company established was more challenging than that though. It's been an interesting path; a combination of advertising, trading websites, facebook and word of mouth have all come together to help establish my company. Which is great! It sounds easy when I put it like that, it was not quite like that at all!

I don't make hundreds of sales daily. I do make sales, the customers are happy and I do make money and if I can tick those 3 boxes then what I'm doing is right. It's been a very interesting journey so far and I look forward to what happens next. If worst comes to worst I'm only 20 and I have a lot of time left ahead of me (well at least I think).

This forum has greatly helped me. I've contacted numerous members via private mail and I've read a lot of different threads on here. Those things have been really valuable to me. It's really helped open my eyes and have a different angle on how to live life.

What's your guys thoughts on my progress?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Megans_Ambition

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 9, 2015
San Antonio, Texas
You've taken a great first step! I have to applaud you on moving towards your dream and not sticking to something that just makes you money but doesn't make you happy. There is a saying that if you do what you love the money will follow. Stick with what keeps your feeling accomplished and happy. Nothing is a greater reward than knowing that you are making a difference in your life. Keep learning! If you don't know, ask! The best part of moving forward is saying, "Hey, I don't know, but I'm going to find out." Stay your path and go far!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.