The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My progress thread!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AlanJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 15, 2014
Hey guys (and apologies for the lackluster title!)

I am 23 years old, and for the past 2 years have been a student/sidewalker. During this time I have had no source of income (other than the government) and have been completing a bachelor of science degree. About 6 months ago I read TMF and it really changed my view on money- the idea of exchanging 2000 hours each year for the ability to buy necessities, and luxuries if you are really lucky, just stopped seeming like a normal thing to do. I wanted to get into the fastlane, but didn't know where to begin.

One month ago I got a job working in hospitality to pay rent and other expenses. Don't get me wrong, the actual work isn't the worst and the people are really good, but I can't stand the lack of freedom; the shifts are erratic and the roster comes out on Friday, so I cannot make any plans for the following week until I get it. Even then, many of the shifts have no set end time (I stay until I am able to leave) and sometimes the roster is changed after it's release, making it extremely different to make plans with people etc. While the Fastlane concept seemed like a good idea before, it is now something that I absolutely and passionately need and desire; this job is NOT something I want to do long-term.

So what am I going to do? I will be doing SOMETHING. I plan on writing an e-book (or making some kind of informational product) on an area that I am knowledgeable in. I have ordered a few books on copywriting, and will learn about web hosting, generating traffic etc. Will this product necessarily sell? Who knows. My main goal here is to learn, branch out into areas which may present new ideas and build momentum rather than get stuck in a slowlane rut.

I have made this thread for a few reasons. Firstly as a bit of a diary, where I can update my progress as to what I have done to move me closer to my goals. Secondly, to hold me accountable to working hard at my fastlane endeavours; I know that a lot of people probably make progress threads but are never seen again, and I don't want to be one of those people. Lastly, while I am not asking for coaching or anything like that I would love to hear feedback if you guys have any ideas what I could be doing better etc.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to updating this thread and hearing any feedback you may have!

-Alan 4/11/2014

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AlanJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 15, 2014
Time to make a long overdue update to this thread.

I have written almost 3000 words of my informational ebook, and have greatly narrowed down the niche market that it is aimed at. I believe that there is a specific need for what I am marketing, and while there are other products that are somewhat similar they are reasonably low quality and I believe I can make mine superior.

I have also been studying copywriting, completing 'Cashvertising' and 'The Ultimate Sales Letter' and currently reading 'How to Write a Good Advertisement'. Over the next few weeks I am going to get stuck into setting up a website (something else I will need to learn to do). Things are really starting to pick up momentum, I have been consistently getting up earlier to work on this project.

My main goal is to get 1000 by the end of 2015...although at the moment I am mainly focussed on getting this finished and making one sale!

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Time to make a long overdue update to this thread.

I have written almost 3000 words of my informational ebook, and have greatly narrowed down the niche market that it is aimed at. I believe that there is a specific need for what I am marketing, and while there are other products that are somewhat similar they are reasonably low quality and I believe I can make mine superior.

I have also been studying copywriting, completing 'Cashvertising' and 'The Ultimate Sales Letter' and currently reading 'How to Write a Good Advertisement'. Over the next few weeks I am going to get stuck into setting up a website (something else I will need to learn to do). Things are really starting to pick up momentum, I have been consistently getting up earlier to work on this project.

My main goal is to get 1000 by the end of 2015...although at the moment I am mainly focussed on getting this finished and making one sale!
Get 1,000 what?

AlanJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 15, 2014
Get 1,000 what?

Oops, I am hoping for 1000 sales (whether this is realistic or not I'm not sure...we'll soon find out).

Suddenly I have a time-frame. Unfortunately my girlfriend's grandfather passed away recently and in late January we will be heading over to England. I have currently written 5000 words (about 20 pages) of my ebook and a rough draft of a sales page. My goal is to complete the book, copy and website before we leave.

Things are starting to feel real, I'll keep you all updated.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.