The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Journey, Where do I begin?

Anything related to matters of the mind

frankh

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 28, 2013
Boston
Hello all, my name is Frank I'm a full time student and I work full time as a Valet.
My job makes me depressed even thinking about going in it. The people I work with are no good scums and always steals tips I have told my manager about it numerous amounts of times and he refuses to do anything except give me a 50 cent raise. (What is that going to do for anyone?)

I have read the Fast-lane millionaire and it is easily the most motivational book I've ever read. I am now going down MJ's list of recommended books in hopes of one day opening my own business.

I am in a dilemma on what i should do. I have looked into drop-shipping and also opening up a Vapor shop. (E-cig). The Vape shops in Boston have been doing fairly well and it looks like it's on its path to replacing smoking soon.

The thing about all of this is that I do not know where to go about opening my own business and if I should quit my job. I work a 3-11 everyday and it is so time consuming. I do feel that it kills my creativity. I do not want to quit because it will make my mother disappointed and my girlfriend will look down on me.

I'm 20 years old, turning 21 in December, I realize that now is my time. I do not have any mortgage and debt I have to worry about. My financial aid covers all my school cost. I do feel like school is a waste of time, I have been going for 3 years and have not learned a single thing from it. I read a book and learn more about business than what my professors have taught me!

My question is what would you do? And how do I even go about opening a business. I'm tired of working for somebody else. I'm not looking to immediately be a million dollar company but I would at least like to make enough money so that I do not have to work anymore! I have around 15k saved and I am willing to use it all if the right opportunity presents itself.

Thank you all for taking the time to read, please leave me some ideas or some feedback, I would very much appreciate it.

Edit: I've been a member on this forum for a while, I have just been browsing and I am going to continue to do so. Just thought I would post my first post and my thoughts...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Hi Frank. Welcome to the forums.

First thing to do is look for a need that people have that you can provide a solution to. It was also written in the book. MJ lists a bunch of phrases that you should be on the lookout for to find these needs. Look for them anywhere and everywhere. I'd porbably just start at your job. Like really. If you hear a complaint about anything, write it down, and do your research on how to provide a solution.

Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.