The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Introduction

skyfall

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 9, 2013
Hi everyone :)

I'm a 33-year old guy from Canada and I'm just finishing reading "the Millionaire Fastlane " right now. What a great book!

I'd like to make a few changes in my life and it looks like I've come to the right place for some guidance and advice.

Currently I do contract work and for every day I work I get 1 day off, a 1:1 ratio. For my work I have to travel to remote locations and be away from friends and family for weeks at a time. Of course I also get an equal amount of time off, but I'd like to get something else going for myself financially that allows me travel when I want to travel, not when an oil company needs me to. That's what brings me here.

In my off time I daytrade stocks, and I swing trade options. I've just learned about affiliate marketing and I've started building some websites as well.

Looking forward to a great 2013 with you guys! Thanks for having me.

Kris

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Welcome to the forum.

Currently I do contract work and for every day I work I get 1 day off, a 1:1 ratio. For my work I have to travel to remote locations and be away from friends and family for weeks at a time.
So you are telling me you can find yourself with a couple of weeks off at any given time?

Cool!

In my off time I daytrade stocks, and I swing trade options. I've just learned about affiliate marketing and I've started building some websites as well.
Maybe you are shooting in too many directions, don't you think?

Also, how do you day-trade when you are working for weeks at a time?

skyfall

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 9, 2013
So you are telling me you can find yourself with a couple of weeks off at any given time?

Cool!

I typically work 5 weeks on and then get 5 weeks off. I'm typing this from a ship right now, just off the coast of Trinidad.

Maybe you are shooting in too many directions, don't you think?

Also, how do you day-trade when you are working for weeks at a time?

Yes, I probably am going in too many directions.

I'm not able to day trade when I'm at work, but I can swing trade. I used to trade full-time but most of the strategies I employ work best in a volatile market and the current market doesn't offer as much volatility. Therefore I'm back to contract work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...