The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My First Elance Experience

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
So for some time I have needed a specific script to help me with content creation for my sites, and finally got around to putting up a job on Elance. This was after 10 or so attempts at trying to get it done via Fiverr. Those guys just don't respond to messages!

After posting the job up, I had 10 unique proposals within about 2 hours, ranging from $50-$290. One guy had a very reasonable price for $80, spoke english well, and asked all of the right questions in regards to my needs. The questions he asked is what sold me. It told me that we were on the same page in terms of the outcome of the project.

It's a small job, just a modification to an existing Wordpress plugin, but allows customization on my end which will help tremendously and save an incredible amount of time. Should be done by the end of the day. :)

I'll post an update when I get the final product.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

McNandez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jan 3, 2013
Thanks for posting about this; I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience. I'm on track to hire someone around August, and elance is definitely one of the places I'll be checking out.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Welp, the guy actually finished the project about 10 minutes after I posted this thread. He was from the Ukraine, asked the right questions, and did a fantastic job. On the first version it was missing a vital function, which I relayed to him. He said no problem, and corrected it. The key point here is communication and implementation. He didn't skip a beat and I will more than likely use him for my other projects in the future. $82 for a piece of code I plan to make a lot of money with. Can't beat that. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.