The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motley fool: Million dollar portfolio

Anything related to investing, including crypto

lightweight99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 13, 2009
Kentucky
I've just started this book and thus far it is very good. Before I get any deeper though, I wanted to get some advice on the book, is it a good read for a beginner? is it pointing me in the right direction?

Also, it goes on about researching companies alot, is there a certain site some of you go to to get such info? CEO background, BOD, who they are and there background, original founder, p/e, compensation, track records.

I know google will bring up a lot, thought there might be a better all in one site.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GreenHouses

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Apr 25, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
I see you live in the US so if you're wanting to research companies listed in the US, try Valueline. I use something similar here in Australia.

Then there's the website of the company you're investigating... there's typically an investor information section.

I haven't read the book so I can't comment on it.

However if you're looking to invest based on fundamentals, then researching what the company does, how it makes its money, who is running the company etc is helpful. Also have a good look at the company's financials. Not just for the most recent year, but over at least 5-10 years if you can.

What are the trends?
Is the company growing in terms of profits and revenues?
Is it consistently profitable?
How well does it use shareholder's money?
How strong is the balance sheet?
How much debt do they have?
Is shareholder's equity consistently growing?
What's their growth strategy?

Once you've read widely, choose / develop a strategy (such as a set of rules) that makes sense to you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.