The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

media meets the fastlane!

NEXT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 26, 2011
With newspappers going online,replacing regular newspapers.Tell me if you think this website will be profitable as I know it is needed:

With our media being so controlled and giving info they want us to have and nothing more.What about website that presents daily news items that you are not getting in the mainstream media and different views that you are not getting in the media.Basically the real news behind the news,like reading beneath the lines.what do you think guys?exposing the real secrets being kept from us that INSIDERS release but cant on a mass scale which they could be killed.What do you think guys?

Also it would make money from affiliate programs and advertising.Is this a good montenize model or do you think their is a better one?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MediaMonty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Oct 4, 2011
It really depends on the quality of the content. If the quality of the content is good, people will come to your site and it would be profitable. So it really depends on if your content is good enough and can grab enough attention.

Without seeing any content yet, it's really hard to tell if it's going to be profitable or how profitable it will be.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Prob need to find a niche. Look at zerohedge for a similar example: little reported financial stuff and analysis of the financial headlines/stories.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
It is very labor intensive. People you hire to do the job will promise and not deliver. They will break deadlines or just not ever submit articles. You will always be searching for fresh content hourly. Your website will look bad if you do not deliver.

One word of advice, use pseudonyms that you own for all content writers. That way if a writer bails on you, you can hire a new one and, hopefully, no one will know you changed. Also, a writer then won't be able to take your readers with them if they leave.

I tried it out for a couple of years. Good days and bad days. Local press now does a lot of what I was doing first in my market.

JohnsonCountyEvents.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.