The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mario Williams in his lambo (The negative part about being rich)

D

DeletedUser394

^ MJ almost died racing a Viper long ago I believe.

Let the posers be posers and risk their own lives. Don't street race :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NHS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 16, 2010
^ MJ almost died racing a Viper long ago I believe.

Let the posers be posers and risk their own lives. Don't street race :)

I don't think anyone has mentioned street racing once have they? I went to some when I was a kid. It's pretty dam shady.

BTW I am getting Super Speeders 3,4,5 ready for blue ray today. Think they want them for the auto show on the 22nd. Here is the youtube channel with all the horrible evil hooligans.

YouTube - superspeedersRob's Channel

D

DeletedUser394

I was referring to Boz's post about people almost crashing into other cars.. you posted while I typing so it looked like I was replying to you :)

Street racing/driving extremely fast with other people around isn't the smartest thing to do.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
I remember one time, some idiot sped on his nissan gtr.

On the carpool lane, with traffic going 100mph+

The cars in front of the Nissan gtr wanted to make a right turn because the gtr was speeding fast on the car pool lane.

As some cars were switching to the right lane to let room for the GTR because I guess they were scared they would get hit.

That idiot Gtr driver made a right turn and nearly was 5 feet away from taking someone's life and probably his owns as well.

If I was in front of a driver like that, I would have gotten their license plates and and follow them and report them to the cops.

I hope karma gets this guy.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Hey looks its a spammer

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
I typed in Slovenian cars and this is what came up on the google images

2574b_shayton-equilibrium1.jpg

Anyone know what car this is?

Reminds me of the Maserati MC12, heh. Nice car though.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
I think its called the Shayton Equilibrium.

I dont think it will be produced though

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Well don't drive a bright Italian car if you don't want to draw attention, part of the reason to drive a yellow slice of Italian automotive perfection is to draw attention. I mean come on its freaken yellow.

Howard Hughes always drove 3-5 year old Chevy's because he thought they were so common no one would give them a second look.

IMHO I love privacy, except for two of my friends I conceal everything. Most of my other friends think I'm broke, and have no idea what I do outside of vague real estate hints that they pick up. I specifically told one of my friends that knows, "don't tell XX anything, I don't want him to know I made $300k this year, I want him to think I'm broke.".

I think it keeps stuff simple.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
I specifically told one of my friends that knows, "don't tell XX anything, I don't want him to know I made $300k this year, I want him to think I'm broke.".

I wonder what Im going to have to say to my relatives, when I roll up with my Lamborghini or Ferrari. I know they will ask money from me the day that happens and I will say:bartmoon:

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Hey, just saw this thread.

Sorry to hear about your window MJ. That blows. I always figured there'd be so much attention on a Lambo that no one would dare try it. I can see now I was wrong. I think something else many on here may not realize is that a Lambo Murcielago, while a spectacular feat of engineering, is best suited to smooth roads. The suspension is very stiff (that how they can corner so well) and I know I wouldn't want to spend much time driving one around Tacoma, Wa. as the potholes would rattle fillings clean out of your head.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Funny, on another forum I posted a question which said if any lambo owner got his car damaged or something and I was attacked by everyone on the thread.

Anything can happen

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
In my situation when I said the question. People were like........

---Are you sh***** me, what a troll.
---You cant be serious about this question right?
---They are taking out on nice places
---Oh Goodness, thats like a 1 in a million chance, well I wont get into the details into that.

I know that Camron' a rapper was shot when someone tried to get his Lambo
And Mj when his cars window got broken

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
In my situation when I said the question. People were like........

---Are you sh***** me, what a troll.
---You cant be serious about this question right?
---They are taking out on nice places
---Oh Goodness, thats like a 1 in a million chance, well I wont get into the details into that.

I know that Camron' a rapper was shot when someone tried to get his Lambo
And Mj when his cars window got broken

Wow. So they live in a land of denial huh? Amazing.

Motivated

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 17, 2010
Well don't drive a bright Italian car if you don't want to draw attention, part of the reason to drive a yellow slice of Italian automotive perfection is to draw attention. I mean come on its freaken yellow.

Howard Hughes always drove 3-5 year old Chevy's because he thought they were so common no one would give them a second look.

IMHO I love privacy, except for two of my friends I conceal everything. Most of my other friends think I'm broke, and have no idea what I do outside of vague real estate hints that they pick up. I specifically told one of my friends that knows, "don't tell XX anything, I don't want him to know I made $300k this year, I want him to think I'm broke.".

While I am a pretty private sort of person I buy cars (not a lambo yet) that do draw attention from other people because of being loud or fast or whatever the reason. The reason I buy cars like that is because I enjoy them, not to draw attention at all, that's part of the reason people say they have to be in a good mood to take their exotics out, because they do draw a lot of unwanted attention/questions/idiots.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
I think the opposite, I have got into many business deals and made good money, more than my cars are worth just with people asking about my cars.

Trump once said he has made more money on the golf course than Tiger Woods, don't know if that is true, but I would not doubt it.

True story: Yesterday I was washing the 430 and a guy next to me washing his range rover sport started asking questions about the car etc.. After talking to him he said he is looking for something to open or invest in.

I don't need any money, but I could get $50k to $100k from the guy, if I needed the money for an idea. And he asked me.

Try that with a camry.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
True story: Yesterday I was washing the 430 and a guy next to me washing his range rover sport started asking questions about the car etc.. After talking to him he said he is looking for something to open or invest in.

I don't need any money, but I could get $50k to $100k from the guy, if I needed the money for an idea. And he asked me.

Try that with a camry.

So he offered you some of his money that you can invest in just because you have a 430?
Pretty cool.

I bet if you were in a Honda or Toyota and you were talking about investments(stocks, re,etc) then he would look at you like "yeah just another wannabe investor"

But if he saw you in a Lamborghini or Ferrari and you said the same exact thing(stocks,re,etc) then he would probably look at you like "damn this guy knows his stuff"

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Ok this is weird but I imagined this scenario in my head.

--A guy pulls up on his Accord, he is young and he gives me a lecture about investing. In my case, since this guy doesnt have a sports car and doesnt look the part then I would not listen to his advice seriously.

--A guy pulls up on his Gallardo and he is young and he gives me a lecture about investing, then I would be getting some paper and writing down word for word what he says and taking every advice like if it was from a saint.

So I guess the presence of a sports car can give you the extra edge or make you taken more serious

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
So he offered you some of his money that you can invest in just because you have a 430?
Pretty cool.

No he never offered per say, but how can I say this, He would of, give me a nice lunch with him, and I could make him believe in whatever I was pitching. but please understand, people always ask me if I need any money for a project, partners, investors, etc.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
As most ferraris, lambos, other highend stuff do not make great daily drivers, so you could probably take your daily car.

I couldn't because my daily is a Bentley, but that is what you can do.

I would take the Bentley though because it is a fact that people like to do business with successful people.

Also I feel you are thinking the opposite. As long as you know what it should cost, you wont get screwed. If someone came out to replace my lawn and said 5k cause he saw the 430, why would I say yes, when I know it should be $1,500. A fool and his money soon part.

But on the other end, Because they think you are "rich" they want to work and will do a better job, to get more deals down the line.

The Intrepid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Apr 9, 2011
I once saw a Zoragy parked in my neighborhood and I honestly stared at it for about 10 minutes with a group of other people because we had no idea what the hell we were looking at. lol

Here's a photo of the make and model
zoragy1c.jpg

We were in Chicago so it may have been R Kelly's.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Ok this is weird but I imagined this scenario in my head.

--A guy pulls up on his Accord, he is young and he gives me a lecture about investing. In my case, since this guy doesnt have a sports car and doesnt look the part then I would not listen to his advice seriously.

--A guy pulls up on his Gallardo and he is young and he gives me a lecture about investing, then I would be getting some paper and writing down word for word what he says and taking every advice like if it was from a saint.

So I guess the presence of a sports car can give you the extra edge or make you taken more serious

In my field, (real estate) when you see a young person pull up with a shiny expensive car it means they are leveraged to the hilt and are going to struggle to acquire the property.

If they drive up in an older car they probably have a nice chunk of $$$$ to put down and reasonable debt.

This isn't always true but in my experience it seems to holds true quite often. I have stood in front of many a Porsche or BMW as the buyers cried about not being approved because of this loan or that loan, etc.

I can certainly understand wanting to be taken seriously in business and a nice car does that. I drove an S class when I was selling real estate and it certainly helped. Everyone's business is different I can see in certain situations how it would help. In mine ones success is simply a matter of how much property you own, how you propel yourself around is hardly relevant to this.

As much As I would love a new car I don't see myself investing in an Audi RS5 anytime soon. (but OMG what a fun coupe for the money!) I'll spend the $60k on a new Ford F550 dump truck instead.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Jack if you don't mind me asking which Bentley model do you have? I watched a number of the WO Bentley's race last fall and it was quite a lot of fun.

I really like the Arnage, and the 6 3/4 V8 is quite charming, with the turbo charger they pull quite nicely.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Bentley GT W12 552 hp..

It's fast... As fast as my friends Gallardo.

Attachments

• fun pics 012.jpg
    fun pics 012.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,750

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Nice car, my friend had one and wasn't really crazy about it. I like them though.

Although I really like the Arnage T, I'll probably buy one in the next couple of years. They are IMHO better cars than the new S class. Sadly they don't make them anymore.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Nice car, my friend had one and wasn't really crazy about it. I like them though.

Although I really like the Arnage T, I'll probably buy one in the next couple of years. They are IMHO better cars than the new S class. Sadly they don't make them anymore.

Hatteras, funny you mention the MB, IMHO they stopped looking good after about 2006. I loved the CL65 from about 2006

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I don't know I like a lot of the new ones, they look rather edgy and modern, more like in the 80's. CL65's are great cars, just have to fine one that was taken care of, they require a lot of very expensive maintenance. A properly running MB V12 will take your breath away when you stomp on it!

I'm really not sure what I'll buy next. One day I want a Ferrari, either an 355 or a 550/575M, the next I want a Mercedes 600. Or something modern like a 2011 550I or S5 with a stick. My partner is looking at new 911, but my problem is I wouldn't be happy with the base car, I'd want the GTS RS or GT2, which cost a lot. But the new ones are not as interesting to me as the older air cooled cars.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
One day I want a Ferrari, 550/575M,

:hurray: I love those

IMHO the 600 would be a good investment since I can see them going up in value, but a big GT Ferrari with a V12 would be intoxicating and I would like to do some long distance rally's.

Those would be a lot of fun, though I'd probably opt for the Lambo

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.