The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making money from youtube ads

webenthusiast

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 15, 2013
Hello all. I am a sidewalker as of now. I came across certain videos that I can upload on youtube and monetize. few of those videos are aimed at specific crowd and not suitable for everyone aka perverts. they are not age restricted though. I chose to monetize them but youtube hasn't started playing ads on them yet. I doubt if youtube would ever play any ads on them because they are not for the general population. Anyone has done anything similar or has any recommendations ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
you need to become a youtube partner and enable showing ads on your youtube videos. Login to your account and then go to http://www.youtube.com/features
you also need to create an adsense account.

webenthusiast

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 15, 2013
Thanks for replying smarty. I did all the steps you mentioned on the day I uploaded the videos, a week back. Also my adsense account reflects the number of views I get on the videos. But no ads show up on the videos. In other words, there are no small yellow bars in the bottom of the video.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
you wanna put Ads on perverted videos?

lol

AaronDubya

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 9, 2012
western Kentucky
You only get money from ads if your visitors click on them...and if you even slightly suggest that your viewers click the ads, Google adsense can either terminate or suspend your account. In other words, it's a crapshoot at best.

harerace

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Dec 18, 2013
I swear, I think people shouldn't be allow to ask for suggestions until they reach a certain forum goal. BUT I'll help you out.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, figure out something else! You would need 1,000,000+ subscribers to make some real money off of YouTube. Because your aimed at a specefic crowd you wont gain the traffic needed to be profitable. Now if you reply saying anything else but, "your right, let me sit down and read MJ's book and get some more ideas" I will never speak to you again.

Just to entertain this, what type of videos are you uploading that's not suitable for perverts?

Last edited:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%