The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make the awesome, ideal lifestyle everybody dreams of!

Idea threads

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
It is important that you are happy and secure with yourself regardless of your income status. This is a world of abundance. All you need to do is go get it. The tough part for many people is to be happy.

I lost millions of dollars at one point. All I could think was agony and woe. It dawned on me one day that when I was at the richest point of my life monetarily, I was no happier that when I was 18 and sleeping in my car.

You can make great things happen. Just remember to stay happy in your life.

man...... same freaking story, still working on it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
The bad thing turned out to be the good thing

Hello!

I have been working on this website that I was going to launch soon (or the programmer has) and I have been hiring a good programmer for this. But something that I wasnt expecting happend just an hour ago. Turns out that the guy I thought did the programming was just a middle man. So he hired a programmer to do the job, but that programmer quit today. So there I stood whit a half done project and no programmer.

Felt a bit bummed out to be honest. Because everything was going so good until that point.
After that, I got in contact with another programmer (I have hired him for another quick project before) and he will be doing this project from now on. The thing is that this guy is just awesome! When I told him the idea and plan, he came with questions and improvemenst that he could do. He just gave me a TON of free value.

This guy actually would try to improve my idea and I felt like he wans't just there for the job, but to do a F*cking excellent job.

That got me thinking about business in general. We should all threat the customer this way. Always give more than we get. To be honest, I feelt so good when I hired this guy, and because of that (if he is doing a good job) I will for sure hire him again.

So because he put in that extra 10% and gave me a ton of value, hes income will automatically increase in the long run.

I have known for a while that you should give more to the customer than you get, but now for real, it finally sunk into me what that extra 10% does to the customer. How he/she feel and how much more % in income you can increase in the long run.

smartyoungman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Feb 6, 2014
Just wanted to chime in on this.

I'm at a similar place in my life and am working towards building a Lifestyle Blog and investigating ways to make side income.

I have a lot of web development experience so feel free to PM me if you need any assistance.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Listened to this guys today

For those who dont now, its Noah Kagan. He is the founder of Appsumo and mint.com.

I think he is a great entrepreneur and he gives some spot on advices. One advice or one thing he say is that you don't need all things you think you need to test your idea. Just reach out to people and see if they want it. Then you build the website/project or whatever there is that you are doing.

So Im not really following his advice to 100%, but I have this other idea I come up with today. So I have bought a domain name and hired a programmer. Total cost is 55$.
But I think 55$ for testing an idea is pretty cheap.

If everything goes like planned, I can launch the site tomorrow!.

No more thinking in this terms: Plan and make a project or idea for months and then test it. No, test it right away and see if the market wants it. If they do, yes continue and improve it. If they don't, then drop it and move on!

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
A bit bummed out today because one of my website ideas didnt work out the way i wanted. There where a few things I didn't consider when I hired someone to built it.

But it only cost me 40 $ + I have the basic work done so now I just need to think of a new way/idea to implement in the website and that could work.

My other website is in progress and if everything goes as planned, it will be done in about 1-2 weeks from now. Really exicted to release this one! :)

And Im also starting an Ecommerce store. The thing is that I will be moving to Barcelona in little more than 2 months and therefore I can't set up anything back home. So Im trying to find good suppliers who can do drop-shipping at the moment and see if that will work. Otherwise, I will set it up once I arrive to Barcelona and get myself an appartment.

But I'm ordering samples to my home now. So atleast I can try them out and settle for the best one ;).

Ok that was a short update, back to the grind!

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Been thinking about my goals lately.
Was thinking of giving it an update, so here it is!

*Move to Spain with a friend = In little more than 2 months, a plane from Stockholm to Berlin (will be there 1 week, Beer, yummy!!!) then to Barcelona will be lifting. So stoked for this!!

*Finally move out from home = Yeah when I move to Barcelona this will be completed :).

*Start approaching alot of girls = Im a coward at the moment. But I promise I will start once I hit Barcelona. Was thinking of giving some updates on this as well as my business in this thread.

*Learn copywriting so earn some sidecash = Learning copywriting + internet marketing videos (example, dollar shave club). Good stuff!

*Build a business which I have this idea right now = 1 site is going to be clear in about 1 week. I have said that I had a site that was going to come up a few days ago. But as I said before, I didn't consider some major important things for the idea to work so that didnt work at all.

But this other site, probably 1 week to go! And also, I have been contacting suppliers for a Ecommerce business I will start.
Trying to get drop-shipping from the start because of the move in 2 months. So if I can get a drop-shipping deal now, I can start the business soon and don't need to wait 2 months or more. :tiphat:

Overall, Im moving in the right direction. Pretty pleased with the action taken so far. If I compare to 2013, 2014 have been alot more action. But there is always stuff to improve, and to be honest, I could have taken more action.

But I really feel good about life at the moment. Starting to see my life in a new way, and making money does not seem like this struggling impossible way like I used to see it before.

Want to add a new goal that I will reach when Im 30. Own a private jet! yepp, you heard me, a motherf**king jet :rockon:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.