The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make Six Figures From YouTube/eBooks

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
I'm going to make six figures from YouTube. You might think i'm just another guy who knows nothing about YouTube who dreams he can make a living without actually knowing the process of how to do it. I am not that guy.

I have a YouTube channel, the total view count is currently at 2,417,560. (Current date: November 8th 2014)
My subscriber count it currently at 18,135.

I make some side cash from YouTube, not much but it is something. I have never actually tried to really grow as fast as possible and get as many viewers as possible. I know how to, I just have not.

I will not share my YouTube channel in this thread, if you know it from talking to me please keep it anonymous. I will show proof by providing screenshots in this thread.

The main motivator behind me really wanting to do this is that I now realize having access to lots of people can provide lots of money. I've also realized entertainment will always be a thing. Most people watch entertainment everyday, it provides "value" to them. What's good about this value is that it is passive. Once I make a video, I am done. It gets views while I sleep, in turn, I make money while I sleep.

Having access to thousands of people can make you hundreds of thousands of dollars. Having access to thousands, you can make money doing other things such as affiliate marketing, creating a website, making your own product and selling it, etc.

I'm young, if done correctly, I can have access to thousands of people the rest of my life. The way most websites work such as YouTube is if it is trending (meaning lots of people watch your videos), they advertise it more (Which brings you more viewers). Then what happens? It's a repeated cycle of more viewers and more viewers.

In this thread, I will explain what I do to grow my channel, will keep you updated on my statistics, and more.

Lets get this show started.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Current states and proof so I can see how far iv'e came in a few months.

1Ze4VB7.jpg

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Hm, ok.

Expected more from you since you seem to be close to @Ubermensch and his big proclamations.

D

DeletedUser394

While that last thread you're referring to is/was ridiculous, I find this to actually be impressive.

2.4 million views is solid. He also has a decent subscriber base to build on.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
I got a galaxy note3 awhile back and subscribed to a niche youtube channel that does all the daily short update tips/tricks/accessory/app reviews. These authority sites could potentially drive a lot of affiliate type business for pay apps/accessories. I think the guy has 80,000 highly engaged subscribers. Repeat this for various new models coming out or other devices. or any learning situation.

vap3

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Nov 11, 2013
subbed! i wish you the very best in you progress! One day I love to explore the youtube route as well

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
I've received some messages asking me a couple questions. The question iv'e been asked the most is "What niche am I in?"

A: I'm in the gaming niche, and here is why. The gaming niche makes it easy to create videos. I can get a video up every single day of the year, scheduled for upload, easily. The audience is GIGANTIC in the gaming niche. The #1 YouTube channel is a gaming channel. Most of the top channels are gaming. They can create more videos, get more exposure quicker than other niches, in turn resulting in more money.

The con of this is since there is a gigantic audience, there is lots of competition. Now this goes against the rules barrier to entry. However, my channel is currently way above average in term of gaming channels. Most gaming channels don't pass 100 subscribers in their life time. I have an advantage. My videos can be ranked higher because I can get more immediate viewers since I've got 18,000+ subs.

I am going to start posting some growth projections and such soon once I really get this going. I've been doing YouTube for a while, but I've never went full force.

Obviously, with a gaming channel games turn into investments. Most people here probably would have never thought of a video game as an investment...but for a somewhat successful gaming channel it really is. I pay $30 in order to make a couple hundred dollars. What's great about my current size is I can get games from smaller companies (not AAA titles yet) for free. I simply email them, tell them I will give their game exposure on my channel, and receive a free copy of the game. I did this today actually for a game that is not even out. I will get lots of views once the game is out, and people will want to watch early access gameplay...so where do they come and subscribe to? My channel.

Without really trying, I was gaining 8-10 subs every day. Even days I don't upload videos, hell...for a month I slacked off extremely bad. I still gained subs everyday of the month. Since I've upped my game, Saturday, three days ago (the day I made this thread) I gained 25 subs. The next day I gained 18. Today around 26 and the day is not over yet. I have not even utilized the tricks up my sleeve. It's about to get interesting.

Any questions. (Besides what my channel is, this will be address in the future possibly, it depends what statistics I decide to show in this thread.)

What's also awesome is my contract is up within a certain network on YouTube. I did the contract two years ago when I was much smaller and got a terrible deal. I have tons of networks wanting me to join them. I get asked weekly by differerent networks. I believe my contract is up late this month or some time mid-next month.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
The beauty gurus on YouTube must be raking it in then. Most of the ones I follow have over 1M subscribers. They promote a lot of products too. Good luck to you!

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Michelle Phan!

Carli Bybel
Nicole Guerriero
Gigi Gorgeous (A transgender beauty guru)
Jaclyn Hill
Andreas Choice

For all of these Youtube is their primary job and source of income.

There are others with 200K + followers who its the same for primary job/ income. Seems it takes about 2 years to get to that point if you can get the following going.

....And many others!

I heard that this was all going to phase out eventually though- with a lot of changes Youtube has planned. Wonder how long they can sustain themselves before they have to leverage it into something else.

Harestock09

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Sep 22, 2014
Have you worked backwards from six figure £$ to see how many subscribers / views you need?

I'm sure you've worked it out, but I ask as I know little about the revenue model and am interested to know!

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Carli Bybel
Nicole Guerriero
Gigi Gorgeous (A transgender beauty guru)
Jaclyn Hill
Andreas Choice

For all of these Youtube is their primary job and source of income.

There are others with 200K + followers who its the same for primary job/ income. Seems it takes about 2 years to get to that point if you can get the following going.

....And many others!

I heard that this was all going to phase out eventually though- with a lot of changes Youtube has planned. Wonder how long they can sustain themselves before they have to leverage it into something else.
What do you mean phase out?

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
If your curious what someone makes from YouTube with just the advertisements you can go to socialblade website and it gives you estimated monthly income on that channel. One of the top 10 YouTubers estimate making around 1 million USD per month. This is only from video advertisements, this does not include affiliate marketing, their own website, etc.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Being able to fully generate enough money to live off soley based on YouTube earnings.

How accurate is this info?

I don't know where you got that information but it could not be more wrong. Advertisers are actually starting to pay more for their advertisements to be on YouTube as the competition is so high in the advertisement world. Revenue is actually increasing. YouTube makes a lot of money off this model and have stated that they do not plan to make any changes. They are however, testing out a subscription based model as well that will be optional if it passes. Some major companies are actually starting to make videos for YouTube only as they have found they make more money on YouTube instead of TV!

It's known to be a pretty good representation of what channels are making. On a smaller-midsize channel it's usually inbetween the lowest and highest estimated income. For a bigger channel, it's usually on the higher estimated side.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
I'm surprised @DennisDuty hasn't chimed in yet. He must be too busy making paper!

I have noticed a trend that many gaming channels are wildly popular. I wouldn't divulge your channel name. There are plenty of leeches around here looking to copy intellectual property.

Youtube is the second most used search engine besides google. The scale is there. The issue is control. I think it's important to build a brand utilizing youtube to gather a following, and have a main website, sell products, get paid sponsorships, or sell products as an affiliate so you are not entirely dependent on youtube for your paychecks.

It doesn't fit the typical CENTS fastlane guidelines but making thousands of dollars from youtube is a hell of a lot more fulfilling than any slowlane soul sucking job. And plenty are making a killing on youtube so the money is there.

People will always need to be entertained and youtube fills that need.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
I'm surprised @DennisDuty hasn't chimed in yet. He must be too busy making paper!

I have noticed a trend that many gaming channels are wildly popular. I wouldn't divulge your channel name. There are plenty of leeches around here looking to copy intellectual property.

Youtube is the second most used search engine besides google. The scale is there. The issue is control. I think it's important to build a brand utilizing youtube to gather a following, and have a main website, sell products, get paid sponsorships, or sell products as an affiliate so you are not entirely dependent on youtube for your paychecks.

It doesn't fit the typical CENTS fastlane guidelines but making thousands of dollars from youtube is a hell of a lot more fulfilling than any slowlane soul sucking job. And plenty are making a killing on youtube so the money is there.

I completely agree with you. What's also good is if you establish a large following, you can carry these following to other websites, including future social media websites, maybe even a website that rivals YouTube in the future. Doing this would allow you to have a massive advantage on all websites and would most likely result in even more growth.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
Like I said earlier it is not a conventional sales business, but if you amass a gigantic niche following, you have potential customers at hand at all times.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Like I said earlier it is not a conventional sales business, but if you amass a gigantic niche following, you have potential customers at hand at all times.
This.

Nothing gains a cult/lifestyle/niche following like video.
They become fans of YOU, not just the channel.

If youtube closed down perminantly TOMORROW, Michelle Phan fans will FIND HER wherever she was.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014

lol, someone is going to steal his intellectual property by viewing his channel?????? what about the other million viewers?

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
lol, someone is going to steal his intellectual property by viewing his channel?????? what about the other million viewers?
I guess you're right. It's just at the point where so many people have gotten screwed on this forum from sharing the details of their business that I would stay as far away from sharing the details as possible, youtube channel or not.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL

99.9% of the viewers on his channel aren't going to think that they should replicate his channel exactly (or even do anything entrepreneurial)

Businesses get stolen/replicated off the forum, they have been in the past and will be in the future. I've had some insight into @ChasingPaper's business and I would say in his case it's not wise to put the channel name on here, no reason to needlessly spur competitors even if they wouldn't be able to keep up.

Sounds exciting man, hope you kill it!

HerpMogul

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 23, 2013
Locationless
im following and rooting for you. I have a name in my hobby/niche which I plan to use as leverage for a channel and authority blog. I would be very interested in any tips.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
99.9% of the viewers on his channel aren't going to think that they should replicate his channel exactly (or even do anything entrepreneurial)

This. There is no reason to share the name.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
My goal for the next 25 days (has been my goal for the last 5) is to gain 20 subscribers per day on average. I have hit this goal the past 5 days, I was gaining around 9 on average per day before I set this goal up. Once I achieve this goal, we will go from there and shoot higher. I already have the foundation laid, it's just getting everything aligned right now. Decembers goal i'm thinking 50 subscribers a day, but we will cross that bridge once we get to it. I have increased video production, and will increase video quality on these videos soon. Viewers response is very positive.

In a few days i'm going to have a real logo made and such, as I'm using one I made in photoshop a while back. It's not the worst, but it could be better.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.