The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make Content Creation Fastlane

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

John Page

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 7, 2014
Argentina
This is my first post that's not a reply or a comment.

In the title I wrote "content creation", with this I mean:

I'm used to creating visual works, sound recording for soundpacks, sound editing for videos and short stories, I create horror music, I wrote 3 screenplays I never filmed but got wonderful feedback and encouragment from strangers who wanted to participate, I edited countless hours of video, etc.

All of this means shit to me as I'm a poor person today. I want to create a business around my strengths. Only 4 years ago I had the loser mindset and I complained, I thought making money wasn't that important, the usual bullshit.

I never even tried to sell anything, create an actual film, publish a book, I never did this as a freelancer either, let alone create a brand or umbrella where I'm the owner.

4 Years ago I quit smoking (smoked for 12 years, 1-2 packs a day). I quit anti-depressants. Started training seriously. Intermittent fasting, cold showers, eating 80% unprocessed foods and many other life changing habits. I burned 20kg (44lbs) of fat, and some muscle too... But then I regained muscle. I'm 36 years old and I feel and I look better than ever. No more depression. No whinning. I raised my testosterone levels with these changes.

I have a mission to make myself free. Free of bosses, free to move around the world, etc. Freedom is by far my biggest motivation. Today I'm stuck and I'm a slave in a cage of my own creation.

All these feel-good or subjective things are very nice. But I want to get down to execution. Create a business out of my work.

I'm new to this concept of Fastlane. I never even imagined all of this before.

I'm deaf to naysayers and critics. But I'm all ears and grateful to anyone in this great forum who offers any kind of tips or ideas, suggestions or comments. I do not mind harsh objective comments or reality checks. I'm here to create a business and I know nothing about it.

So, I will make this a progress journal.

I read TMF and as far as I see:
NEED for my "content" remains to be tested or validated.
ENTRY is F*cked in this model I think, exceptionalism will be a must?
CONTROL, I can create everything myself in the beginning stages.
SCALE, digital content is scalable and both price and units sold can be improved/changed.
TIME, I think that my time invested can get exponentional returns after many years. I don't imagine myself ever retiring, but I'd like to know that I can stop whenever I want and do something else.

The first ideas I can think of in my case are:

- Creating youtube content.
- Creating music that can be used by others in their own work.
- Creating a blog/website that serves as a center for all the content.
- Apps specifically for independent filmmakers, I have two or three existing apps (not mine) that I can improve.

I see these as steps in a stair to get money to eventually make small budget films. Where I own the content. To get more money to make more films, and so on.

By the way. English is a second language for me. And I currently live in Argentina. I lived in the US and other countries in the past.

I welcome comments and ideas. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

OnlineGodfather

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 4, 2013
Just a suggestion:

Sell your music maybe also on audiojungle and such related sites, atleast at first, to get some exposure and money to build up.

John Page

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 7, 2014
Argentina
EDIT: I just read the NO IDEA THREADS in this section of the forum... Should I start a progress thread in another section? Self-publishing?

I've been working on the core content for a website.

I would like others to go ahead and tell me how this sounds like. I would like to have first impressions on the concept as it is today.
----------------------------------

The title is: Rise from the dark (I registered the .com)

The main theme of the blog is the mind (Self deceit, denial, meta-cognition, self-governance, the super-ego, etc). And how you can guide yourself out of your own darkness, in order to transcend your present state.

Genre: Self-help, self improvement, success, action.

It's a fiction blog that reads much like short stories with drawings, close to a comic strip.

I make the drawings.

The blog is written by this fictional character.

This character lives in a realm where reality and metaphors overlap.

I use this overlap of realities to be able to visually use metaphors as physically observable by the character.

I draw from my own journey of twelve years being depressed, lost and with no inner-strength. A journey of intentful physical and mental transformation.

I think my audience would be men who are currently in a bad place mentally, but with fire in them to take control of their own situation.

I see no direct competition, but I could be deceiving myself. What do you think?

-----------------------------------------------------

It's a different vehicle for something that's being done to death right now. The whole story has an arch and a clear ending. It's around 48 episodes long, probably more.

I have ideas as to how to monetize this eventually. A physical/digital book is the most obvious. But I would greatly appreciate suggestions in this regard.

I will complete this project regardless of the feedback. Because I see it clearly in my mind. But I would sincerely appreciate both positive and negative and comments.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!