The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Loving people

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Let go of the old you and get ready to embrace the NEW YOU.

You're questioning your abilities because you're going through a change in your life. We often go through different phases as we get older and become more connected with our true selves.

The fact that you're able to identify something lacking in your life shows that YOU CAN change it, if you so desire to. You have acute self-awareness, this a great trait. Not many people are able to be openly honest about their insecurities...

Go out there and be more social. Meet new people. Openly express yourself (I had some trouble with this in the past but I've found the more honest I am about myself, the more people are drawn to me and respect me.). Overall, just be yourself. You'll soon realize how many people actually enjoy your company.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Back in high school I did not have too many friends. Then I went off to college and it was like something just clicked. No one knew anyone and I was just making friends with everyone on my floor in the dorms and beyond.

Everyone had their doors open the first week of freshman year, so I would just walk in and out of random rooms and say hello to people. That ended my fear of talking to people pretty quickly. I'm still quiet at times now, just because my personality is of an introvert, but I have some very close friends now in life from doing this, some I may even be starting businesses with one day.

mma323

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 18, 2013
Japan
I'm curious - what do you think you would feel if you loved people?

I'd say I love people in general, and what I mean by 'love' has a very low threshold.
"Love is three quarters curiosity" - this is a quote from Giacomo Casanova, and I follow this quote.
If I'm curious about someone, I'm happy to say I love that person, except I wouldn't necessarily say it to that person and it doesn't necessarily mean that I would commit my life to that person.

You can choose to be curious about people. Do you want to choose to be curious about them? I think it's more fun to choose this option than to be indifferent. I can't remember who said it, but someone said that the opposite of love is not hatred, but indifference... I think there's some truth in that.

No need to beat up yourself if you don't feel like you love people. You can get better at being curious and you can get better at loving people and things.

JudoTom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Sep 3, 2013
Scranton PA
One of the people that completely changed my life was Og Mandino. To say I have had issues with depression and anxiety is as big of an understatement as saying it gets chilly in Alaska.

I would definitely suggest you do some reading about Og Mandino. Even just google some of his quotes on love. Here is my favorite

Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
Og Mandino

His most famous piece of work is "The greatest salesman in the world" This is the beginning of the 2nd chapter / scroll:

The Scroll Marked II

I will greet this day with love in my heart.

For this is the greatest secret of success in all ventures. Muscle can split a shield and
even destroy life but only the unseen power of love can open the hearts of men and
until I master this art I will remain no more than a peddler in the market place. I will
make love my greatest weapon and none on whom I call can defend against its force.

...IDK.. I just hope this helps the OP or someone else. It definitely helped me and changed my life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.