The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

looking for advice and thoughts on my results from my CPC ads

Idea threads

Hlelo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 29, 2023
Hi. In my few last threads I had posted, I have been mentioning about validating my product idea through using CPC ads for google ads, along with a website made with mock-ups of my idea product that “doesn’t exist yet”. So I have started running the ad and these are the results I have got so far, (the ad has run before when I tested it out before for only one day, I then paused the campaign and unpaused it when it was really ready). Here are the results:
IMG_5724.png

IMG_5725.png

IMG_5726.png

The first metric in the blue is basically the conversions, which are sign up conversions which is basically email collection, instead of using pre-orders because I just thought to myself if I were to use pre-orders then it would be presuming that the product would be ready for shipping in like 3 months MAX since I would guess that’s probably the maximum amount of time a person ordering a product online could accept to wait for. And I chose email collection because I had a feeling that since my product idea is a lot more complex (it’s a small electrical widget, basically like an adapter) that it probably wouldn’t be ready in 3 months for shipping, let alone just an MVP. Maybe that’s a limiting belief and I could be completely wrong, because I don’t really have an idea of the expectations of how much time it would take to actually get a MVP like my product idea to be ready for shipping. And if im wrong, PLEASE DO TELL!. So anyway, back to how I set it up. The conversions labeled “sign-up” in the blue is counted by viewing a thank you page after an email form was submitted. I basically used googles conversion tracking code on that page to track the page load views which counted as conversions. So as you can see I have 0 conversions but ofcourse I would guess it’s either because:

1. I am not doing the right thing or I did something wrong in terms of the add and or the website

2. Maybe I am doing the right thing but haven’t done it for a long enough time horizon to let the data actually show, (no brainer since I have only been running the ad for about 4 days)

3. This idea is not valid and I should look for another idea to then validate through the same process until I find a idea that actually has some validation and potential of product market fit

4. I’m simply going about it the wrong way

I just thought to share this post since ofcourse some of you guys are further in the game then I am and so I’m looking for some eyes to see and check whether what I’m doing is absolute dogshit or something I’m actually doing right in order to get further in the game. Truly thankful to have a community like this, honestly..

So please if you have anything in your mind as any critics or advice you would give me (if you’re further then me in the game then I am) then please do. That would be awesome

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.