The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Life on the road

gearhead142

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So if you read my introduction thread you know that the last company I worked for was my local power company. If you didn't read it, now you know.

I started my own business doing mobile automotive repair and service (I do diesel work too). While the idea certainly isn't new, I got it from the company I used to work for. They had "road technicians" who could do minor repair and service on the road. I did a little research and there were other small companies doing it as well. This really got me thinking. I needed some start up capital, a truck, tools, and lots of shop supplies. I already had tools (not all of them of course but enough to get me going), this is a necessity in my industry and you won't get hired without them. I talked to a few senior technicians I know and they trusted me enough to agree to let me borrow tools I don't have from them. Next I needed a truck. My girlfriend's dad had an old ambulance sitting out on his farm. I asked him how much he wanted for it, next thing I know he signs the title over to me and tells me to give him money whenever I get successful. Next, shop supplies.... I was able to talk several of the major suppliers around here to give me supplies and parts at cost and even give me the hookup on some things. Lastly, capital. I'm still working on that part haha. I already started doing business with what I have and I am doing the best I can. As far as the business side of things like marketing, I have a friend who is actually following the fastlane himself (he got me started) helping me out with that as well. I have only been doing this for about 3 months now and one of the biggest things I have learned is that if you need help, ask. People are alot better than the world gives them credit. A lot of people will slam the door in your face but there is somebody that will welcome you right on in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AmyQ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 5, 2013
Love the hustle. You could have sat and bemoaned the things you didn't have. Instead, you took what you do have (the trust of people, which is usually earned), and leveraged it to get what you need.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.