The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Life is short...

mars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 19, 2014
New Jersey
"Hey man...Life is Short"

This is by far the favorite quote by slowlaners to justify their bad decisions. I know three people this year that used their tax returns to get new cars. Dodge Charger, BMW 750 and Benz CL 550. All cars over $30k, bought by people making no more than $60k/year. It's extremely easy to look like money now-a-days then it is to actually have money.

After they showed off their new purchase with so much pride, I asked them why they got the car. After telling me how their current car isn't the greatest, they all sayed..."Life is Short. You have to get the things you want sometimes." Far enough...did you at least shop around for the best deal? I'm sure you know the answer to this.

NEWS FLASH - Life really isn't that short. The decisions you make today will effect you for a very long time. And I've given up trying to tell people around me that.

Did they do anything to better their health...NOPE! Did they do anything to provide them with more freedom...NOPE! Did they do anything to ensure they can be financially independent...NOPE! Did they pay down their debt...NOPE! Did they study investments...NOPE!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
Unless they are going to race with those cars or something like that it would be a YOLO buy, but they are probably going to drive with those cars with normal speed to their boring job everyday lol.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Most peoples life's purpose is to buy shit to impress people they don't like.

-I'm sure that was a part of a quote that I heard somewhere a few years ago; but cannot remember the author.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
I actually use this phrase everyday.

Knowing you are going to die is the best way to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.

I am beta testing a product with 100ish people and everytime I am about to reach to each one individually I think "What if this is the day they say, 'I changed my mind, I dont want to beta test this anymore, remove me from this list spammer.'"

But I always remember "In a short time, I will be dead and regret not making this call or email" Suddenly there is a shoet window of no fear and all motivation and I have to take advantage of that window to take the action step or Ill procrastinate.

But as you mention, many take this idea to mean "consume more." When the actual point is "You only have a brief time to make an impact on the world, are you taking advantage of it.

jmusic

Meep.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Mar 4, 2015
But as you mention, many take this idea to mean "consume more." When the actual point is "You only have a brief time to make an impact on the world, are you taking advantage of it.

Sidewalk: YOLO = you might regret the crap you didn't buy...
Slowlane: YOLO = you might regret the money you didn't save...

Fastlane: YOLO = you might regret the risks you didn't take!

falcon87pl

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Apr 6, 2014
Poland
Most peoples life's purpose is to buy shit to impress people they don't like.

-I'm sure that was a part of a quote that I heard somewhere a few years ago; but cannot remember the author.
Welcome to Fight Club ;)
150589181260116805_o21fqxsa_f.jpg

b3ae4c7cc84cbc7ce80478cc9f31a7db.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.