The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Licensing a recipe

Arif.T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Dec 29, 2012
Can you license a (secret) recipe? How would I find people to license it to?

I happen to have the recipe for a very busy local doughnut shop, they always have customers lined up out the door but aren't very successful financially because they lack business sense, they want to franchise, but haven't been able to yet, I figure I could beat them to it, but I don't want to get into the food industry for myself, knowing how hard it is. I feel it would be more fastlane to license the secret recipe to someone who has the ability to start a big franchise right away, for royalties or even for equity.

so the question is, can you license a recipe? if so, how would you go about finding someone who would be interested, and what kind of royalty could you expect to charge.

It may seem trivial to you but this shop was voted best doughnuts in my country, so maybe someone wants that recipe, I just don't know how to find them

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoldRider

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 4, 2012
I also want to know about this. I have a herbal recipe for eyesight enhancement. How do I start. I believe it starts with patent and afterwards.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.