The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lets Talk About Daily Spending

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Until OP can formulate what he is REALLY trying to find out (to himself as well), this is pointless.

I remember starting or posting in a good thread about budgeting here. I've never been a budgeter, but usually frugal. When you consider budgeting, it's like swallowing a bitter pill at first, but then you get this ease, everything is already determined, and I can see the benefit. Or so I thought, before I brushed all that aside and blew $2000 in 10 days while on vacation. So I looked at the money coming in this/next month, figured what is my spend after rent and savings, and lowered it by 30% or so. I've come up with 30 euros per day. That was a start - at least now there was an 'anchor' to measure against. So if I blew 100 eur in a night..cough cough..nightclubs in Palma last saturday... then now I need to take it easy and eat at home. But I will still go have a cheescake and a coffee just to break up my day and leave the house, the mental piece of it is important, id go crazy sitting inside and thinking it's good I saved five bucks.

Vigilante posted a very good tip some time back - when you are broke, FIRST THING you must do is put together 1000-2000. Just to have the mental space, to stop freaking out over not having "im broke" as the default thing in your mind. You won't "save" yourself there with $2 coffee. Just hustle and get there with PROFIT, and then you can relax.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SenGracic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 12, 2015
Canada
When going out :
  • For a beer, I found a place where they home brew = less than $5 a pint. ( I usually take 1 or 2 ).
  • Maybe once a year I eat at some ''expensive'' place.. instead I go to small places where food is good but cheap.
  • Always going out with someone else so I can split the cab bill or even just get a free ride home :rockon:
Every day life :
  • I drink water a lot instead of juice/soda.
  • Make coffee home except when going out with someone for one
  • I cook in bulk
  • 50% discount on my cellphone bill and 75% on my internet since I work for a telecom company.
Gym under 40$ a month = Free shower with towels and shampoo,sauna & acces to tennis court

How to save money on your cellphone bill and other telecommunications bills : Shop around, call your customer service and tell them you want to leave the company since they can't do any good offers.

Well, just shopping around helps a lot and buy on the right periods ( Winter clothes when it's summer time ... great stuff cheaper )

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
As James Altchur says

"Don't try to save money by not buying expensive coffee or taking subways instead of cabs. That's a myth. The best way to save money is to make more"
You guys are taking what im asking sooo out of context.

There is no deeper meaning to my question.

Theres no need to analyze the mind of someone who is asking this question.

Just...answer....the...question....literally just curious. This is hilarious.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Until OP can formulate what he is REALLY trying to find out (to himself as well), this is pointless.

I remember starting or posting in a good thread about budgeting here. I've never been a budgeter, but usually frugal. When you consider budgeting, it's like swallowing a bitter pill at first, but then you get this ease, everything is already determined, and I can see the benefit. Or so I thought, before I brushed all that aside and blew $2000 in 10 days while on vacation. So I looked at the money coming in this/next month, figured what is my spend after rent and savings, and lowered it by 30% or so. I've come up with 30 euros per day. That was a start - at least now there was an 'anchor' to measure against. So if I blew 100 eur in a night..cough cough..nightclubs in Palma last saturday... then now I need to take it easy and eat at home. But I will still go have a cheescake and a coffee just to break up my day and leave the house, the mental piece of it is important, id go crazy sitting inside and thinking it's good I saved five bucks.

Vigilante posted a very good tip some time back - when you are broke, FIRST THING you must do is put together 1000-2000. Just to have the mental space, to stop freaking out over not having "im broke" as the default thing in your mind. You won't "save" yourself there with $2 coffee. Just hustle and get there with PROFIT, and then you can relax.
Again...
Stop analyzing, lmao.
Just curious

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
You cant ask anyone anything on this forum without them saying

"im going to completely ignore your question and give you a different answer because im in the fastlane bro and your not, heres what I think and blah blah blah"

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Most people here are working toward something... hence they look at questions through that lens. So if your question is of no benefit to you (it seems) or others, then it is a waste of everyone's time. But your second answer gives away more than you think about you. I've read your posts. It's time to make your time valuable by assigning value to your actions and get results.

"Also lets talk about how you rationalize spending said money to yourself.

My rationalization: When and If I "make it" 2 dollars a day will be nothing, and its nothing to worry about. However because my income is so low, it is a big deal."

That's a painful loop. You want to spend money to get out of the house. But you kick yourself because you don't have money. Start taking action now, and in 3 weeks this problem will be less than it is now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.