The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learn a new skill at least each year

Anything related to matters of the mind
G

GuestUser8117

Learn new skills everytime you get the chance to. Teach yourself something new. I'm learning to play the violin right now and it's amazing. Soon I will learn to speak italian. Still learning how to make money. Oh and I'd like to learn to cook like a pro. The benefits are great. Not only it will impress people but it will change your life. Learning a new skill improves brain development. New cells grow and you become smarter. You know, it's never too late to learn.

In the next years, I want to play piano, be good at golf, master the violin, learn to talk to women like a man, learn to invest in real estate wisely, etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
You should read 4-Hour Chef by Tim Ferriss.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I understand learning skills that make you money, but what is the point of learning a bunch of random skills all at once? Jack of all trades, but master of none?

I find it hard just to master one trade... but I couldn't learn a foreign language, be a chef, be a violinist, and more without losing focus/interest. If it's done at the same time.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Spanish, italian, sailing, auto racing, helicopter flying, tennis, being a good cook and piano are all on my list. I am curious about Chinese, a definate maybe.

I always try to work in things to learn. I want to get better at driving a stick so I book one whenever I can (rentals on trips) hopefully I get what I booked at b&p.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alana

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 16, 2012
In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
but what is the point of learning a bunch of random skills all at once?

Scientific research reveals that more than ever before, a challenged, stimulated brain may well be the key to a vibrant life. Keeping one’s brain constantly engaged may help stave off mental and physical ailments and diseases.
Learning in any form is considered growth and it takes nurture and the right forces to make it fully blossom.
A good book for more information: The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science by Norman Doidge

G

GuestUser8117

A good book for more information: The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science by Norman Doidge

Yeah I've read it. Good book. It talks about neuroplasticity.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.