The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lead generation for cars? Made some progress but looking for more...

7.62x51

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 27, 2015
I live in Canada and recently started work at a car dealership.

I built my own web bot which responds to online classifieds ads asking them if they would consider a dealership trade in but the results from this method have been underwhelming (1 / 100 will come in).

There's another person at the dealership who has figured out a way to get leads online and apparently does pretty well so I know that this is possible. Understandably, he keeps his method a secret.

How else could car leads be generated? I don't want to rely on people coming in through the door.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

deadon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 7, 2013
A few months, I remember listening to a podcast from a retired car sales guy who had been phenomenally successful at selling cars. His basic technique was referrals and constant self promotion. He got a bunch of business cards, and gave himself the goal of handing out 200 cards a day and he never rested until those cards were handed out (he'd go to the mall on his breaks just to hand out cards). He'd keep one business card in his wallet with a $100 bill attached. Everyone he met, he would ask "How's your day?" "My day would be even better if I could sell a car?" He'd then show them the $100 bill and tell them he pays people's car payments and mortgages, and that he would pay them $100 for every successful car purchase referral. He also got fridge magnets with his picture and contact highlighting the $100 offer and several other high visibility marketing tools (keychains, calendars, sticker on the gas cap of sold cars, etc) all highlighting the $100 referral. I'll try to find the podcast. Of course, you're going to have to get many many cards, and then force yourself to meet 200 people a day. Let me know if you implement the above and how it goes. :)

Last edited:

m500

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 3, 2015
United Kingdon
A few months, I remember listening to a podcast from a retired car sales guy who had been phenomenally successful at selling cars. His basic technique was referrals and constant self promotion. He got a bunch of business cards, and gave himself the goal of handing out 200 cards a day and he never rested until those cards were handed out (he'd go to the mall on his breaks just to hand out cards). He'd keep one business card in his wallet with a $100 bill attached. Everyone he met, he would ask "How's your day?" "My day would be even better if I could sell a car?" He'd then show them the $100 bill and tell them he pays people's car payments and mortgages, and that he would pay them $100 for every successful car purchase referral. He also got fridge magnets with his picture and contact highlighting the $100 offer and several other high visibility marketing tools (keychains, calendars, sticker on the gas cap of sold cars, etc) all highlighting the $100 referral. I'll try to find the podcast. Of course, you're going to have to get many many cards, and then force yourself to meet 200 people a day. Let me know if you implement the above and how it goes. :)

The guy you're talking about is Joe Girard. He did have phenomenal sales figures and retired a rich man before he reached 50. He's made good money from speaking and books since then too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.