The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lead Gen - First Attempt!--Need Advice!

Hawk07

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jun 16, 2010
Iowa
Hello All

I've analyzed enough. I understand the general basics of what I want to do, now I just have to put it together. I have zero internet marketing experience, but I am willing to take my bumps and move forward. Here is what I want to do....can you guys with experience help me organize my process.

1. I have researched the main google keywords in the niche I want to explore. The domain names are available...including the .info, .org etc. Should I purchase all the domain names...and optimize sites for all of these?
2. I want to start a handful of wordpress websites...squeeze pages....with forms for the customer to fill out....to generate the leads I am looking to sell to my end customer. Are there any great squeeze page themes that I should look into for the wordpress sites? Is wordpress the way to go?
3. Lead generation software....I know I am going to need a way to organize the leads based on location of lead, etc....so I can send to the right end customer. Is there anything in particular that will help me do that? is this where aweber, constant contact, etc....comes in?
4. Billing of the leads....paypal, software...How to organize this backend billing of the leads.

Thats the basics. I am totally new, but understand it is a process. I just want to have the process basics in line. You guys have done these things a million times, but to me it sort of seems a little disorganized in my mind.

I am pretty excited to take my first step. You guys have been a big help to me in understanding the fastlane. It wont be easy, but I will work hard on the fundamentals.

Thanks for all the help!

Hawk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
I would also be interested in lead-gen software as what I've found in searches seem pretty pathetic.

Hawk07

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jun 16, 2010
Iowa
Yes, me neither. I hear a lot of people say just put up a squeeze page, collect info and sell info.

Im thinking

1. Wordpress site plus theme for squeeze page.
2. Aweber or some other contact management software that fits in with the wordpress site.
3. Some billing software/add-on designed for lead generation.

There has got to be some people on this forum that have done this a billion times and know the structure. If not, I can just experiment and figure a way!

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
1. I have researched the main google keywords in the niche I want to explore. The domain names are available...including the .info, .org etc. Should I purchase all the domain names...and optimize sites for all of these?

.com is king, but other extensions can also make sense. You can buy domain names - I usually put much emphasize on checking if there won't be and TM issues, but seems like most people don't care and just goes ahead and buys domains.

2. I want to start a handful of wordpress websites...squeeze pages....with forms for the customer to fill out....to generate the leads I am looking to sell to my end customer. Are there any great squeeze page themes that I should look into for the wordpress sites? Is wordpress the way to go?

I had a link to an AWESOME one, will look for it and post if I find it...these are ok too.

WP Sales Engine ® - WordPress Sales Letters, CPA-, Squeeze-, OTO-, Landing Pages... (very cool)

WordPress Squeeze Page (simple and free)

3. Lead generation software....I know I am going to need a way to organize the leads based on location of lead, etc....so I can send to the right end customer. Is there anything in particular that will help me do that? is this where aweber, constant contact, etc....comes in?

Check with them, I think they likely can handle this, or at very least recommend how to do it.

And always have a backup of your list on your computer.

4. Billing of the leads....paypal, software...How to organize this backend billing of the leads.

Paypal is cool, though not available everywhere. Guess someone who sells online can tell you more, I'd like to hear too.

tiresidedown

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 27, 2011
San Diego
The Elephant in the room

@Hawk07, @FastNQwesome: My notes are based on being an SEO with eCommerce experience.

Domains:
Go for a combination of KWs and 'coolness' - keyword-dense domain names aren't as important as a ranking factor as they used to be so don't get hung up on it. Also, keywords aren't usually brandable - so if you want to develop a memorable name/brand, use your own or mix it up. Mostly, just don't spend forever choosing.

Squeeze pages:
Lead gen is great idea and all, but you aren't mentioning how you plan to get humans to *see* your squeeze page in the first place. I can't tell without knowing your private details (I'm not asking). But this is a glaring omission, no?

Lead gen:
Do you have a topic chosen? Do you have a lead 'buyer'? If not, you might start here, or start around some expertise you already have.

Billing:
Unless you're planning on selling to 10+ different places or setting up automated stuff, I'd skip this problem until you actually have it.

Sorry if this seems obnoxious or if I'm missing context! How are you planning to get traffic?

Hawk07

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jun 16, 2010
Iowa
I plan on getting traffic by just optimizing my site with keyword rich content. I dont know if that will be enough to get me to first page of google or not....as I am a complete noobie. But, I have researched my key phrases and no one is providing the service I will be providing.....no one is servicing this market in this way.

I guess if keyword optimization together with the squeeze page doesnt work....i may just spend a little money on google adwords...i dont know...i really dont know.

What are the best ways to build traffic to push to a squeeze page to sell leads?

I plan on selling leads to a large amount of customers, prob 500 to 1000 different customers...so i will need some sort of help there as well.

I may not know what the hell I am doing, but I will figure it out one way or another!

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hawk07

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jun 16, 2010
Iowa
dang, i thought i would get more responses. oh well, ill figure it out. thanks for the response tireside and fast.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
You can't find software for lead management because the industry is fragmented as far as use of leads. Most companies generate leads for their own use which can be much more lucrative if you know what you are doing. Everyone else that is selling and managing leads will write their own software to tailor specifically to their business model. Something i suggest you do once you actually have leads to sell and manage.

My best advice is dont get too far ahead of yourself, get in the space and try to generate anything even if your leads are just being added to a text file for the time being.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.