The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jumping into the fast lane

BoOmBa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 21, 2009
Sydney, Australia
[FONT=&quot][/FONT] Hey everybody

This is my first post and I am excited to be joining the many aspiring and already successful people in the fast lane.

Before I share a bit about myself, I would like to tell you I had my first major "ah HA" moment a few days back, while reading MJ's success story. I'm sure many of you who have already read MJ's story will recall he talks about the difference between the "how can I make money" mentality compared to the "how can I add value" mentality.

This really made an impact on me and opened many doors in my mind. Over the past few years I have spent many sleepless nights banging my head against the wall, thinking up as many different business ideas or products I could potentially create to "make me money". All the while wondering why none of them had ever taken off to be successful as I knew they could have been. I now have insight into why and owe a big thank you to MJ:notworthy: for opening my eyes and saving me many more sleepless nights.

Now, a little about myself. My name is Matthew, I live in Sydney, Australia am 24 years old and consider myself to be lucky, happy, highly ambitious and successful although I am not worth millions yet (but hope to be very soon). I live with my girlfriend of nearly 2 years in a fantastic 2br apartment about 10 minutes away from the city.

I have spent the last 8 years working in as many different jobs and industries as I could, ultimately trying to find out what I like and want to do with my life. I have been self employed twice, did 3-4 years of sales (including door to door, business to business and retail), was a bar tender for a year, worked with computers, building databases for engineering firms. I have also been a brickie labourer, landscape gardener, construction trade assistant, set up site offices, was the materials controller for a 2billion dollar project on a remote island in the gulf of Carpentaria and worked on a uranium mine to name a few.

Currently I am studying AutoCAD 2 nights a week and doing design drafting work. This isn't really what I want to do with my life, but if I did have to be in the slow lane, drafting would be the most tolerable and once qualified I could do contracting work again which at least gives me more control over the hours I work (also being qualified in one area means if for whatever reason things don’t work out down the track, I have something to fall back on).

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to your responses and also to posting more in the future, hopefully sharing my successes as they come.

Matty

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome intro story, glad you can join us! And you are welcome for the "ah ha" tip ... I've got dozens more! =)

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Welcome to the best forum on the net! :) MJ really does have plenty of em, you will enjoy his posts and many others!

Best of luck!

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have another young & motivated forum member.

BoOmBa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 21, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Thank you MJ, Lightning & czach41 for your warm words of welcome and encouragement.

MJ - I look forward to having many more "ah HA" moments from yourself and the other amazing people in thie community as I continue forward on my journey in the fast lane. I also hope to inspire a few "ah HA" moments in others as I start gaining speed.

Lightning- I couldn't agree with you more with this being the best forum on the net. After lurking for 2 weeks and finally writing my first post, I feel like a fire has been lit under my behind and I can't wait to learn all I can from all the amazing and successful people on here, all the while sharing my own personal journey with everyone else who is also aspiring to live their life in the fast lane.

czach41- I'm glad to be here mate,

I'm thinking about doing a more complete summary of my life in a later post where I hope to share more about where I have come from, some of the ups and downs I've been through that have helped make me the man I am today, some personal philosophy as well as where I hope to be going and how I plan to get there. I would like to have this information about myself available for anyone who is interested in learning from or following my journey to achieve my goal of financial freedom. I'll do my best to share as many parts of my life I hope will add value to others, but at the end of it I also hope to be critiqued by the already successful people in the fast lane who are willing to help point me in the right direction. Any ideas on where would be an appropriate place to start a post like that?

Thanks again,
Matty

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...