The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jobs List: Work to Live VS Live to Work

RainORShine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 14, 2012
Hello people.

Is there a thread on the forum that lists jobs that are 'work to live' based vs 'live to work' based? I couldn't find any threads.

I work in a warehouse which I really hate, the hours are terrible and when I come home I am exhausted. I can't take much more of it. Been there too long. I ready for a complete change.

I have a fastlane project on the side which is providing some passive income but as I work on it and I want to find a job that allows me to live a good quality of life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
What kind of education do you have?

AJ.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Sep 5, 2010
Keep expanding your side-business!

As to the present work you hate, use it as fuel to make your business ideas work.

I love my job (IT). Love my co-workers, and my company.
It really is an awesome work environment.

Yet, I work on my ideas/businesses every day.
Before I leave for work I put 1 hour into it, and after I come home in the afternoon, I put another 2-5 hours into it.

RainORShine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 14, 2012
Woah, fast response. Love this forum already :)

I have web design education but I am at the point now where I am taking a broad, aerial like view of what type of job I would like . If I have to retool and get new education etc, I will. I'm 29.

My friend is an air hostess and she and her boyfriend (he is unemployed) travel a lot and she does get lots of days off. They live a reasonably well balanced life.

I have another friend who works a 9-5 delivering items and he has the weekends off and when he asks me to come join him, I am not always available. While he is driving around, he listens to business/personal development type audios. In the warehouse, the radio is playing songs in the background.

Just wondering was there a thread that lists the pros and cons of jobs from a lifestyle POV. Before I joined the forum, I could have sworn I saw a thread that mentioned worst jobs. EDIT: I found it: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/yo...an/5145-dead-end-shit-jobs-yours-rated-r.html

I just want to build a list of jobs and narrow down to what has good life/balance, pros/cons perks etc.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

RainORShine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 14, 2012
@AJ

Yes, I am expanding my side-business and that is coming together quite well.

Honestly, I want another job real soon. I feel as though I missed out on life over the last few years because of the warehouse work environment and how it affects work-life balance.

I don't mean to be snoopy and when you say IT do you mean like a online marketing type job? You don't have to answer if you don't want. I would love to say "I have an awesome work environment".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.