The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jim Rogers long USD..

Anything related to investing, including crypto

michael

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 22, 2008
Australia
Jim Rogers, a man who is one of the most consistently accurate investor out there and famous for being more bearish on the dollar than perhaps everyone bar Gerald Celente (aka Dr Doom) is bucking the bearish trend against the dollar.

I can't find the interview in which he no doubt explains why but does anyone share his thoughts? Perhaps as QE2 unwinds and insider selling picks up a short term demand for the dollar will make it a good place to be?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dday97

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 20, 2011
New York
I saw him on CNBC the other day talking about the dollar. It is a good place to be short term and if you know how to trade futures and the forex especially. It's relatively simple to figure out why he makes that hypothesis and if you think about it, it's not that bold of a statement. The imminent collapse of Greece, Ireland going down and Spain is in trouble means the Euro is getting toasted. The more the Euro goes down the higher the Dollar goes up. The higher the dollar goes up, the more the U.S. stock market goes down (for now anyway). It's a simple vicious circle of cause and affect. If you figure out the correlations than a lot of money can be had trading.

I like to trade the oil contrarian play off the dollar because it's easy to do with USO options. Plus oil has a much clearer channel to trade in my opinion. I trade oil futures also using the same channel. It's amazing how just watching the dollar and how it moves opens up so many other trades.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.