The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Pinterest Profitable? Should I invest in it more? Please help.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
I've been working diligently on Instagram, my next source is Pinterest. I was curious if anyone has had success with Pinterest, knows the % of sales that is driven by Pinterest (on average), etc...

1. I just want to know if it is worth my time to invest in this part of social media or not?
2. Also are there software/services that would assist with boosting a business Pinterest (like instagress)?
3. Are the analytics useful?
4. What is the ratio between instagram sales, twitter sales, and pinterest sales?
5. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Djs87

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 24, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
What's your niche? Remember, Pinterest has a massive female demographic. Most estimates say 80% of the users or more are female. If you're selling motor oil, focus your efforts elsewhere. If you're selling shoes, then maybe Pinterest will be your thing. Not to be sexist of course. Just playing the percentages.

From my experience, using a female friendly niche, Pinterest can bring in a ton of wallet out, ready to buy traffic to your website. The analytics are useful as well.

Get involved in group boards and search for some automation software. It exists.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
I have been doing a lot of research since I posted this and you are correct. Pinterest is roughly 70% female users between the ages of 18-34 with a larger percentage aimed at the higher age 35 - 55 demographic whereas Instagram is roughly 55% females 45% males between ages 18-34 and at the lower age demographics of 12-17.

I'm not 100% sure those are correct [age] numbers, but I am very certain. I may be off a few numbers.

I am researching automation software but I am having a hard time finding a reliable one specifically for Pinterest that is good and worth my money. Does anyone have any ideas, it will be greatly appreciated!

Amendment: Just read that on Instagram towards the latter age group, viewership drastically drops. So I believe for our product Pinterest would be worth investing in more.

adoredunchin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 18, 2013
Doing my own research I found this software http://healzer.com/pinbot/
Now I'm not affiliated with him(them?) but there is a trial version you can try out. To scrape images the trial is pretty neat however can't say much about the posting because it is limited.

I found a coupon for 100$ on another board. Not gonna post it here but PM me if you want it.

Djs87

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 24, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
The software depends on your desires.

Do you want to play it safe with 1 account and automate through a program that uses a browser? Get ninjapinner.

Do you have money to spend on private proxies and want to automate hundreds of accounts? Get pinblaster. This program will run as many accounts as your computer can handle. It's not browser based though, so there's always a slight risk in using it, and it's super easy to get carried away with it's power. But it is a beast, and I've seen what it can do with 100 accounts simultaneously. Imagine following 10,000 niche relevant users in 24 hours (or more if your ballsy). It's that kind of powerful.

When it comes to these types of questions (looking for software and all), your best bet is BHW or Warrior Forum.

I will also say this as a word of warning. There are MUCH better ways to spend your time other than Social Media and pouring time and money into learning bots and the ins/outs of beating social networks. It can be beneficial, yes. But link building along with a well optimized, quick loading, and modern web design are far more important than anything social signals can provide. Traffic doesn't matter if it doesn't convert. And link building is still the better place to focus your efforts in 2015.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
Djs, how about this then. I am currently working on our website. Would you mind combing through it and tell me what needs fixing. I know there are some obvious CSS issues, but I am working on them now. All my info is below. I also attached my Instagram so you can see what I am doing. I am trying to get to 1k and then I will email them to ask to be a suggested user.

So yea, DJ, if you can go through my website and tell me what is needed, what isn't, every little tip. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thebabysitter.co
pinterest.com/babysitterllc
instagram.com/thebabysitter.co

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

I spent some time doing CPA "marketing" on Pinterest a few years ago. I say "marketing" because I really was spamming. Had 10 dedicated servers each running 10 instances of a bot, each with multithreading. So I was running thousands of accounts simultaneously, pinning, liking, commenting and following hundreds per minute. This was a private software similar to pinblaster I bought back then.

There were times when I had half the homepage covered by my pins by promoting a single pin with a few thousand accounts at once. They really didnt have any countermeasures, which only came later. I think I was one of the main reasons for that because I really pushed it. Fun times.

Djs87

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 24, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
"Pinterest Will Open Promoted Pins To All Advertisers Following Success Of Beta Program"

http://techcrunch.com/2014/12/28/pi...dvertisers-following-success-of-beta-program/

I would save the time and just buy the ads when they are ready in a few days (I hope internationally too).

Their promoted pins program is nice. I've used it before. But get ready for that CPC to shoot through the roof.

I spent some time doing CPA "marketing" on Pinterest a few years ago. I say "marketing" because I really was spamming. Had 10 dedicated servers each running 10 instances of a bot, each with multithreading. So I was running thousands of accounts simultaneously, pinning, liking, commenting and following hundreds per minute. This was a private software similar to pinblaster I bought back then.

There were times when I had half the homepage covered by my pins by promoting a single pin with a few thousand accounts at once. They really didnt have any countermeasures, which only came later. I think I was one of the main reasons for that because I really pushed it. Fun times.

Yeah man, that's some ridiculous scale. I don't need to tell you how powerful that can be. Reason I told OP to focus efforts elsewhere, is because the time it takes to run that many accounts, even with full scale automation, is still pretty hefty. And now you need your accounts to all be active and have lots of followers for likes/repins to have that same effect. I used to be able to send pins viral in my sleep with 100 accounts. Eventually even that many wasn't quite enough. They've really changed their algorithm around. It can still be done, but time is money... and I'd rather just pay for their ads at this point.

Hey... imagine that... Pinterest has converted a spammer into a paying customer! Good for them lol

Djs, how about this then. I am currently working on our website. Would you mind combing through it and tell me what needs fixing. I know there are some obvious CSS issues, but I am working on them now. All my info is below. I also attached my Instagram so you can see what I am doing. I am trying to get to 1k and then I will email them to ask to be a suggested user.

So yea, DJ, if you can go through my website and tell me what is needed, what isn't, every little tip. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thebabysitter.co
pinterest.com/babysitterllc
instagram.com/thebabysitter.co

Sorry man. I don't really have time for a full consultation. Just take my word for it. Research link building, and research how good websites convert. That type info information is gold, and it's everywhere.

adoredunchin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 18, 2013
Their promoted pins program is nice. I've used it before.
How could you use it? As far as I know it's only for really big brands like instagram right now. Did i miss something?

Djs87

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 24, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
How could you use it? As far as I know it's only for really big brands like instagram right now. Did i miss something?

I applied here: https://business.pinterest.com/en/promoted-pins

Took like 2 weeks, but they actually accepted 1 of my sites into the program. They also declined another site for a random reason. I more or less got lucky. This was back in July when I did this. It was a humor website that they accepted, which actually surprised me since the content couldn't possibly be any more unoriginal, even if I tried. At the time I was getting 10,000 repins per day at $0.01 CPC. A woman from their advertising department actually reached out to me personally to tell me that I was the only person in their entire program who saw traffic with a penny CPC, but also that I was the only person bidding on humor related tags. Penny CPC no longer exists. Their minimum was at $.05 last I checked. And even at that, pins won't display anymore unless you up that to $0.20 - $0.25 per click.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
@Michael Raphael I'm about to launch my own Pinterest and noticed that yours is doing quite well. You have any quick tips for someone trying to get from 0 to where you are in a couple months?

Any help at all would be really appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
PM me. I worked extensively on an algorithm for this to work :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.