The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it okay to email press releases?

Flatlander

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Dec 28, 2010
South Dakota
I'm going to be sending out a bunch of press releases and I was wondering if it is okay to email them or am I better off to just use snail mail? I have the feeling that regular mail would work better. Anyone have experience with this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Blu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 5, 2011
Hi Flatlander,
I have a bit of experience with this, generally I think most journalists are bombarded with press releases, so there is a good chance that yours would get lost in their inbox. So, yes, snailmail might work better, but the best way I have found to get a press release picked up is to pick the publications that you would really like to see it appear in, and then make sure its tailored to them (yes, time consuming), also reach out to those journalists, call them up and say "hey, would you like to write about this story". Most will say "no", but a few might say "sure, send me your release".
The important thing is that when the release arrives it will trigger something in them, and they'll look at it.

If you have more time, months, you can build a relationship with a particular journo, this is invaluable. I would advise steering clear of press release wires, sure they will get your release to 20,000 publications, but unless you are a big well established company, few will pick it up.

Ive gotten press releases into national newspapers using the method I described.

Hope that helps

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.