The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Inventions are waiting to be made!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Emo6126

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 26, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
sillybandz are popluar because it fufills that wnat feeling......kids are like little adults accept it is not with looking rich or having money, but looking like you have more to look cool.

The more silly bandz you had the cooler you became. Again it was a fad, just like yoyos and pokemon and magic card.

when you create a product for a kid the need catagory is different....of course the kids dont really Need sillybandz...the WANT it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
It shows you that there are many ways to get rich besides the web and real estate and that a product doesn't need to make sense to make you money.

arpeggiomeister

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 19, 2011
Hey everyone, sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I had a question about the Silly Bandz. For anyone that has read MJ's book, he talks about the five commandments.

Commandment of Need
Commandment of Entry
Commandment of Control
Commandment of Scale
Commandment of Time

My question is, what need does Silly Bandz fulfill? Just asking because I'm trying to understand why Silly Bandz is successful in terms of what MJ wrote about. Answers are much appreciated :)

I have struggled with these questions before I even knew about the commandments... ...on an instinctive level. I studied music and am an accomplished guitarist, but when I think about recording and selling albums it violates almost every commandment.

arpeggiomeister

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 19, 2011
How about the the TV show Millionaire Matchmaker.

Boy that was a tough one to come up with. Let's get a millionaire who is single and find a bunch of gold diggers and throw them in a room together. lol

I am joking, it is one of those ideas that makes me think "Why on earth did I not think of that?" The host Patti can be really offensive at times, but I think that actually ads to the entertainment value, like Simon Cowell did on American Idol. (Another brilliant but simple idea. Let's audition a bunch of talent, get the public to follow them for a whole season, then create an album and sell millions of copies when the show is over. Brilliant!!)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

livebig

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 23, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You guys were asking about Sillybandz and what needs they fulfilled....

The need is not what you think of as need, but it helps us to expand what the definition of need is for our future endeavors.

Sillybandz are a way to cultivate a SHARING experience!

Because Sillybandz are so affordable and customized, the odds that kids would be wearing the exact same bands at the same time is not likely. It goes back to a built in need that cavemen had which was bartering and sharing. It's encoded in our DNA and it makes us feel good.

It sounds silly, but it makes so much sense. Of course it's a fad, but fads always connect to a basic human need in order to have staying power, otherwise it will not catch on with the masses in a significant way.

Food for thought.

West

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 6, 2010
California
This idea is not my idea but I thought I would post it anyway. It's not an invention per se but its a good idea I think.

What if someone made a QVC or Home Shopping Network for the web? There are streaming sites like livestream.com and ustream etc that allow you to broadcast a live show to everyone on the web. What if some upbeat salesperson went on screen and sold goods like they do on QVC to a live internet audience? There is always a need for good deals on electronics and stuff like that which is why sites like woot.com have been so successful.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.