The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro: The young cube dweller

Infinity

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 2, 2009
Hello everyone,

It's a pleasure to finally register here and make an introduction after many months of lurking. I'll start off with a little about myself, and then about my aspirations which brought me to this forum.

I'm 21, a fourth and final year university student studying Business. I'm currently on an internship with a very large MNC, among the top 20 on the Fortune 500. Many would say I’m very fortunate to have this job, and I am thankful for the experience, however I don't see myself working like this for the rest of my life. As I sit in my cube, across from me sit two people who have worked at this company for over 20 years, something I can't even begin to fathom! I'm a month in, and already it seems like too long! The pointless meetings, redundant tasks, corporate bs etc all adds up, not to mention the limited financial prospects.

I've always been interested in entrepreneurship. I think it was my uncle who sparked my interest when I visited the resort that he had built. However, although my interests and reading has been about entreprenurship for so long, I've really made no attempts at moving into the Fastlane...I've been all talk. I'm pretty much an average university student, with my main defining difference being my mentality, I see the light, but I don’t know how to reach it. Perhaps this is the situation many people are in while moving through life in the Slowlane...

Like many, I dream of owning a Lambo and a nice house. The other day I was reading Russ's post about what you really want in life, if no one else could see it - which sparked some really interesting thought. In reality, I don't want to be reliant on others, a salary etc, and would like to be financially well off to afford the finer things in life. I'm a big car fan, and frequently scan 6speedonline, as motivation to make the leap.
Anyway, I really appreciate you all reading this introduction. This forum is fantastic, not only for the quality of posts, but the people as well. I look forward to learning as much as possible here, and hopefully I'll be able to contribute some worthwhile information as well.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome sir, you hail in Australia?

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
Welcome Infinity. Stick around, participate, and let us help you find your path to get you out of that cubicle!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Infinity

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 2, 2009
Thanks for the welcome! I'm from Canada - and mkzhang, you're on! :D

juntao65

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 2, 2009
Welcome Infinity, it's good to see another Canadian in here.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Welcome! This is a great place - a great tool, venting board, educational resource, and place to start networking and making friends. I can safely say that I am (hopefully) about 3 days away from breaking out of my own cubicle because of this forum.

On a side note, there is a company called Silo Smashers (they have this cool logo and building right on the interstate here in DC - they work on breaking information/organization silos in government and business). I've always said that if I started motivational speaking/writing, the company would be called something like cubicle crushers, cube smashers...something like that :)

Ynot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 14, 2010
Welcome to you from a fellow newcomer...

Good luck to you. Take it from me, busting your hump in a corporate job will only get you more of the same...busting your hump in a corporate job. Although it certainly is possible to get rich doing that, it takes time and comes at a sacrifice, not to mention the odds are against you. I should be posting my own fastlane soon for comments and critique, maybe you can gain something from it too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...