The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Brand Development

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
I hate to be that guy who posts something that can be searched, but the truth is I just cant find the post.

I am trying to build up my following for my niche, it's mothers, baby showers, babies, and even (yes I know it's going to sound strange) but fitness.

My question is how can I get followers faster than the average individual. I was able to get 50 in 2 days but that was thurs-fri. Tonight I got a bunch of likes but no new followers (maybe 2) but I want like 100 a day.

Any tips! Please and thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
I've had good success with instagress. I purchased a years worth and have it running on fast with no issues at all. No fakes. Just targeted and engaged people. It's not completely automated however. I still reply back to everyone who comments on my pics.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
I did google it. I read upon it, but I want to hear a personal experience. It was broken english on their FAQ.

1. Do I have to be on the app while this is running?
2. Is this mobile or web platform?
3. What am I required to do?
4. Is there someone you speak with ever?
5. If so, is that someone American?
6. Can I see your page?
7. Do you add photos constantly?
8. How long do you go on the app for?
9. Can I see your settings?
10. Do you go for likes/comments or follows more?

I feel like seeing settings would answer 95% of my questions :)

Thanks!

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
I genuinely am curious as to why more people are being more disrespectful and cynical than helping. Please read the questions I asked. I don't really care about a demo. This user has most probably been using this product for a while, thus purchased a yr subscription. Thus, he probably has a better sense of the program/software because he has played around with it for quite some time. Therefore, when he enters terms/tags, changes widgets, etc... he has a better understanding of it.

Q1 and Q2 I wasn't sure even from watching the video.
Q3. Built off Q2 really.

The rest were specifically directed to him. What did he do that resulted in the best yields. What tags, terms, did he choose likes versus follow or opposite or neither or both, etc...

So unless you have used this feature, or have another idea, I rather not have comments that provide no value but to see your post counts go up.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
1. Do I have to be on the app while this is running?

No, It runs while the tab is closed.

2. Is this mobile or web platform?

Both? Not sure the question I'm sorry.

3. What am I required to do?

4. Is there someone you speak with ever?

No.

5. If so, is that someone American?

N/A

6. Can I see your page?

No. It is directly related to my business which I don't disclose.

7. Do you add photos constantly?

Yes, about twice a day.

8. How long do you go on the app for?

I never stop it until I get to 4500 followers, then I switch to the auto unfollow setting.

9. Can I see your settings?

Settings are on Fast, and the hashtags are set to my niche keywords. The comments are varied but generic enough to make sense regardless of the content it's commenting on.

10. Do you go for likes/comments or follows more?

I have likes, comments, and follows on all at once. I am very surprised at how high all three are. Could be due to my niche and content, however.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
If there are other questions you have fire away here.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
1. What would your average ratio be Followers/ You follow?
2. Do you think it makes a difference to be closer to 1 versus not... i.e having 100 followers and you just follow 10?
3. Why did you choose 4500? Have you experimented other numbers?
4. How long have you been using this for?
5a. How many followers do you currently have.
5b. How many did you have before you used this (do you guess)?
5c. I can do the math to figure out difference :) but I appreciate it. I really do, and I bet other people with similar questions in future will love your answers!
6. Did you experiment with not using follows as an option?
7. If so, did you realize a higher chance of getting followers when you followed people. I.E they followed back.

UPDATE: I am using free trial. I believe I have gotten already 3 comment replies and 1 follow. So far so good. Hasn't been long though :)

Edit: Sorry for being rude. I appreciate the help Joule. Really means a lot to me and my team! We'd love your feedback!

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
1. What would your average ratio be Followers/ You follow?

I don't pay very close attention to this ratio other than I keep my follow number significantly lower.

2. Do you think it makes a difference to be closer to 1 versus not... i.e having 100 followers and you just follow 10?

I know it matters some but I believe the exact ratio is pseudoscience.

3. Why did you choose 4500? Have you experimented other numbers?

To clarify, the 4500 is the number of people I follow. The program stops following people at that number. Once I hit that number I switch to unfollow mode until I hit zero again.

4. How long have you been using this for?

Around 2-3 weeks

5a. How many followers do you currently have.

672 followers

5b. How many did you have before you used this (do you guess)?

I started the account fresh. So I had zero.

5c. I can do the math to figure out difference :) but I appreciate it. I really do, and I bet other people with similar questions in future will love your answers!

Each picture has between 80-120 likes and 13-25 comments. I have several people who have shouted out others on my posts and I have had several who have gone directly to my website and Facebook account due to the content.

All in all, I have been extremely pleased.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
I really think you have answered some amazing questions. Just to clarify it for everyone else, he gets about 34 followers on average PER DAY.

So what you are paying for, on a daily basis (if you choose 30 days for .33c/day) is 1 follower per cent. I think those are great odds. One thing I must add to warn others, and even myself, is the following. He was given these based on specific tags he inputed [for searching] and perhaps even the comments.

I guess my final question would be this.

Joules,

Would you be so kind to share with us, and/or even just me in a PM (yea I can be selfish), the tags you chose or comments so I can learn from them.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
As far as tags I'll say that you can reach your 100 per day goal but likely they won't be nearly as engaged because you'll have to go pretty broad. If you drill down and use tags close to your niche you get lower daily follower numbers but a much more engaged crowd. Which translates to more sales.

A sample of my comments:

Nice! Like it! Wow! Beautiful! Great! Cool! Nice pic! So nice! Super! Amazing! Lovely! Love it! Very cool! Superb! Wow like it! Good shot! Very best! Pretty! I love this! Great Photo!

Seems tacky but it works wonderfully.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I use Instagress. Went from 20 followers to over 4,000. All targeted in the fitness niche. My tags are all fitness related. It's definitely a recommended tool as IG's recent follower expulsion has not impacted my account at all.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
I want to improve this conversation with someone I've done today in yielded a lot of returns.

1. I searched Keyword that are relevant to my niche on two platforms.
Google AdWords : Baby Niche
Instagram : Search Function and Post Count

I used Adwords to find the most searched terms in the baby niche. I than went onto Instagram and correlated terms and then used my imagination to think of new relevant terms. I took the term (hashtag) entered into an excel file and wrote the score.

I now have a list of 65 terms within the baby industry and some fitness [I need to grow the fitness aspect a bit more] ranked in descending order.

With this new information I know a few things:

1. What markets are untapped, i.e. if I use these terms my content will flood them and be central.
2. What markets are huge: The most popular and can help get me quick followers/likes
3. What markets are in the "range". The range are posts that have a rank of 15k - 100k. These will be medium barriers to entry and can help me get loyal customers.

Good luck everyone! I will keep posting, this kind of will become a Progress thread for everyone else, but please others post tips on how to improve. I will then analyze and create a report of how I used it and perhaps improved it so everyone can see.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
Another strategy you can use is to pay for a mention. If you can find an authority figure in your industry or niche you can pay them to feature you on their account. (don't pay them much they tend to have ghost followers etc, and the conversion rates are not the highest) Another strategy is to set up multiple instagram accounts (scale) Get a vpn for like 10$ a month that you can run multiple twitter,instagram accounts on for a larger reach.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
1. @parkerscott What is a VPN?
2. @AlterJoule I have a question for you. Are you realizing a spike in daily followers now that you have more? i.e. When you first started you would get 30-40 a day on average. Are you noticing now you are getting 40-50 (if not 60) a day?

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
1. @parkerscott What is a VPN?
2. @AlterJoule I have a question for you. Are you realizing a spike in daily followers now that you have more? i.e. When you first started you would get 30-40 a day on average. Are you noticing now you are getting 40-50 (if not 60) a day?
A VPN is a "virtual private network", it essentially masks your IP/connection.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
I use Instagress. Went from 20 followers to over 4,000. All targeted in the fitness niche. My tags are all fitness related. It's definitely a recommended tool as IG's recent follower expulsion has not impacted my account at all.

@MJ DeMarco If you don't mind answering some questions

1. What was your timeframe for this MJ?
2. Did you find yourself to gain more followers when you had only a specific things selected. i.e. you only have like & comment w/o follow/unfollow
3. Do you leave it going constantly (for your entire package) or stop?
4. What speed?
5. How many terms do you have for tags?
6a. How many comments do you have?
6b. Are they generic?
6c. Would you be able to share so I can gain insight on the type of comments?
7. Do you have any stop settings?

Thank you!

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
Has anyone heard of Followliker? I want to test it but I dont think there is a demo. I would use it for Pinterest and perhaps Twitter, but if its amazing why not also use for Instagram.

Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.