The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Increase My Earnings / Rate my site

Marketing, social media, advertising

damien275x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 18, 2011
So I've launched my website - www.CarCrisp.com.au, and work on it in my spare time/weekends. It's making about $10 a week and it's not enough but hey, it's a start. Obviously, out of the people who do hit my page, people are buying my products, (they're car air fresheners) but I need to increase my traffic to make this viable.

I've wasted my time on Google adwords pissing money away with no real idea of what I'm doing. Also, I don't know how, but all these SEO people are finding my site and messaging me. Are google giving my information out? My guess is , yes. I basically just need to work on strategies to drive relevant traffic to my site.

Any ideas? Is a 'blog' worth it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
The design isn't user friendly. Why not trying to use a pre-made template? You can get a quality design for a lower cost.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
The SEO messages that you get are likely people searching for contact form footprint and using it to send messages, but it's all an automated spam process. You should ignore any similar messages.

It seems like a bit of a tough sell to me. At least when i think of people that use air fresheners, I don't really think of the type of people that would be very happy about buying online. However, if you're getting a reasonable conversion rate with the traffic that you have, then ya, you just need more traffic of course. An air-freshener blog might be a bit strange, but if you think about it like an information site, it makes more sense. You could probably write a few articles about the benefits of air fresheners, how they work, how often they need replacing, etc.

Flaag

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 1, 2012
Nobody will through the hassle to buy car refresher through the internet. In the store you grab it in a few seconds, hard to beat that. Be honest with yourself; would you buy regular soap on the internet??

So, what's your advantage that a store hasn't??
You'll never beat the ease of buying it in the supermarket if you only compete on the product. So, you need to let people pay for the experience of buying car refreshers instead for the actual product. How do you create an experience where people want to pay you for?? You position your car refreshers as a present!! How many people get their first car when their sixteen in the VS? Bam, huge market!! Create a story around the car refreshers; for example, get a nice car refresher for every zodiac sign put it in a nice package with a positive message in it specific for this zodiac sign (something like the fortune cookies).
It's just an example; if this hypothesis works in the real world, then you can expand to different car refreshers lines (like clothing lines). :p Where every line tells a different story; one for new mothers and fathers, one that it's attractive for the youth, one for gamers,...
The options are endless.

You could easily triple your current price.

Why do you have an own store?? Use platforms with already a lot of traffic; Amazon, Ebay,...

Hope it helps!!

PS: I don't have any experience, so maybe my idea sucks in the real world. Theory and practice are two very different things!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.