The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

in this journey, this student definitely needs a mentor!!

charles J

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 3, 2014
just trying to reach out to anyone that has started an online business and or those who are wiling to share their priceless experience with me... im so ready for this!!! i just need someone who could make this path a little more clear for me... this plateau that ive been on for a few weeks is just not fun anymore, so im forced to reach out lOl... i no that im not the only on here at the same crossroads, so everyone that may find this intresting please feel free to read on and learn as much as possible... PS. thank you to my future mentors

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SemiSentient

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Mar 12, 2014
Indiana
Have you ever walked into a room with hundreds of people and asked who wants to be your girlfriend? Try it.I doubt you would find any takers, or if you did, you would be sorry you asked.

I know this sounds absurd, but that is pretty much what you just did. You came to an online community without any introduction and asked for one of the most sacred kinds of help anyone of us would love to have. So why should anyone want to help you. No one knows your situation. Maybe you are just testing the entrepreneurial waters because you had a bad week at work. Or maybe you are the next Bill Gates. The odds favor the former, but none of us know.

I'm not trying to rip on you. I'm just asking that you put yourself in the shoes of this "mentor" you seek. They are probably successful to some degree at starting a business and building it. They have learned most of hard shit by trial and error. They would love to mentor other people with similar drive and aspirations, but they are very busy. If they see a post like yours, they breeze over it.

Here is my advice. You need to first be able to rely on YOU. You are capable of learning SO much by simply opening your eyes. Mentor-ship can come in many forms. It comes in the posts you read on this forum. It comes from reading good books. It comes from picking up on the things that you see successful people do. It comes from getting out there and trying whatever you think is the best path. Any action beets inaction. If you try something and you were wrong, now you know. If you never tried it because you were uncertain, you never learned anything. It is often hard when you are going through uncharted territory. You will wish you had someone showing you which way to go and where to step. But it doesn't work like that. And if it did you wouldn't learn nearly as much as you would if you were the one leading.

So, start by introducing yourself to the forum. Then start a progress thread. Post some of the things you failed at and learned from on your project. Post what the main things are that are holding up your progress. If you do these things you will get some kickass advice from a myriad of people.

I probably came across as a prick(not my intention). But if you read closely, you might have just had a tad of mentor-ship.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
Hi, charlesJ! You're getting heat because you led with the ASK instead of a GIVE.

Maybe provide an intro, history of your online biz pursuit, and/or specific online things you don't understand?

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

charles J

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 3, 2014
Hi, charlesJ! You're getting heat because you led with the ASK instead if a GIVE.

Maybe provide an intro, history of your online biz pursuit, and/or specific online things you don't understand?

Welcome to the forum.
lOl its all good.. its just the internet hahaha

charles J

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 3, 2014
Have you ever walked into a room with hundreds of people and asked who wants to be your girlfriend? Try it.I doubt you would find any takers, or if you did, you would be sorry you asked.

I know this sounds absurd, but that is pretty much what you just did. You came to an online community without any introduction and asked for one of the most sacred kinds of help anyone of us would love to have. So why should anyone want to help you. No one knows your situation. Maybe you are just testing the entrepreneurial waters because you had a bad week at work. Or maybe you are the next Bill Gates. The odds favor the former, but none of us know.

I'm not trying to rip on you. I'm just asking that you put yourself in the shoes of this "mentor" you seek. They are probably successful to some degree at starting a business and building it. They have learned most of hard shit by trial and error. They would love to mentor other people with similar drive and aspirations, but they are very busy. If they see a post like yours, they breeze over it.

Here is my advice. You need to first be able to rely on YOU. You are capable of learning SO much by simply opening your eyes. Mentor-ship can come in many forms. It comes in the posts you read on this forum. It comes from reading good books. It comes from picking up on the things that you see successful people do. It comes from getting out there and trying whatever you think is the best path. Any action beets inaction. If you try something and you were wrong, now you know. If you never tried it because you were uncertain, you never learned anything. It is often hard when you are going through uncharted territory. You will wish you had someone showing you which way to go and where to step. But it doesn't work like that. And if it did you wouldn't learn nearly as much as you would if you were the one leading.

So, start by introducing yourself to the forum. Then start a progress thread. Post some of the things you failed at and learned from on your project. Post what the main things are that are holding up your progress. If you do these things you will get some kickass advice from a myriad of people.

I probably came across as a prick(not my intention). But if you read closely, you might have just had a tad of mentor-ship.
actual you did not come off as a prick at all.... but the asking for a girlfriend part was hilarious!! have you tried it? single girls wish they could meet a guy with enough balls to do that (trust me)but yeah, thanks this is exactly what i was looking for... but for the record. do you know a thing or two about online businesses????

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
actual you did not come off as a prick at all.... but the asking for a girlfriend part was hilarious!! have you tried it? single girls wish they could meet a guy with enough balls to do that (trust me)

As a single girl, I think if a guy went up to me at a bar and asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend, I would immediately think he was an arrogant prick

D

DeletedUser394

So, what's your business? What/how have you done? What's the backstory? Who are you?

If you show up to an elite university and simply say 'Hey, I'm a guy in my twenties, teach me stuff' you'd be promptly laughed out the door.

charles J

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 3, 2014
As a single girl, I think if a guy went up to me at a bar and asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend, I would immediately think he was an arrogant prick
isnt it all in how you do it though?? and if your single or not :) but yeah, just saying that i wouldnt be afraid to do that

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
isnt it all in how you do it though?? and if your single or not :) but yeah, just saying that i wouldnt be afraid to do that
No, it would be a turn off regardless. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance, and I would definitely consider that arrogance

charles J

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 3, 2014
So, what's your business? What/how have you done? What's the backstory? Who are you?

If you show up to an elite university and simply say 'Hey, I'm a guy in my twenties, teach me stuff' you'd be promptly laughed out the door.
lOl yep, i think your right about that... but i think i would use alittle more common since of i was to meet with someone in person... just had to see what would happen with this post... thatnks

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
This thread reminds me of a St. Patrick's day party I was at once back in college about 7 years ago. We were all just having a good time, about 21-22 at the time. All of a sudden one guy about 23 walks in with 4 single women in their mid 40's that he just met randomly on the street and brought back into the apartment to join the party. Everyone was just like WTF is up with that as we were all in our 20's.

You know this thread is not going to a good place when someone is quoting themselves and replying to their own comment.

Simon Ashari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 29, 2012
Sydney, Australia
i just need someone who could make this path a little more clear for me... this plateau that ive been on for a few weeks is just not fun anymore, so im forced to reach out lOl...

What have you done that you are in a plateau?

If you talk about what you have done and ask for suggestions I am sure many pros here will give you advice.

charles J

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 3, 2014
No, it would be a turn off regardless. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance, and I would definitely consider that arrogance
i think a guy that would do that (such as me)would show know form of arrogance as he simply ask's a girl if she would like to be his girlfriend haha... we would both mostly laugh at the fact that its so random and childish... hopefully it comes off more so as a cute way of meeting a stranger... but yeah, thats just me... i guess you cant have em all... its better then wat most guys do ;-)

charles J

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 3, 2014
Where is a good place to do it? Im curious
mall, Starbucks, college... anyplace that there are girls ... A bar would be ok to, but most likely a girls has been hit on way to many times, to the point that she will not give a another dude a chance hahah... sucks for us

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
What have you done that you are in a plateau?

If you talk about what you have done and ask for suggestions I am sure many pros here will give you advice.

It may be a good idea to address questions on your business as opposed to questions regarding how you pick up girls. Like this one^^^ what have you done that has caused your plateau?

Have you done anything to help yourself get out of the rut? if so, what did you do?

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Last edited by a moderator:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Only you can eat through the glass, mentors help serious guys who take considered and impressive action
And if there is benefit in it for them, lets be honest :innocent: :halo:

So none of this :drowning::rage::arghh:

:smoking:

SemiSentient

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Mar 12, 2014
Indiana
mall, Starbucks, college... anyplace that there are girls ... A bar would be ok to, but most likely a girls has been hit on way to many times, to the point that she will not give a another dude a chance hahah... sucks for us

Ahh!!

Of all the things I said, this is the only one you picked up on?

No more of my time invested here!

charles J

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 3, 2014
Ahh!!

Of all the things I said, this is the only one you picked up on?

No more of my time invested here!
hahah looks like ive picked up a lot more from you then you realize... both the good and the bad... i like the way you get your points across... my road block seems to be on the amount of money ive been making from this business of mine... i earn enough to live a life of comfort, but i think i can earn more... you made me realize that with my own time and efforts i should be able to figure it out... thanks mate

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.