The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm good at Sportsinvestment, but my capital is too low

Wetti

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 6, 2009
I made myself now a blog.

Please check it here:

http://wettmeister.blogabet.com/

and tell me what you think about and what you would change.
I would be very happy for many answers.

And i would help me very much, if you can give me some advices how i should do marketing now for this blog.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maxxx

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 4, 2011
Interesting Thread, I was about to start a similar one...

A few of my good friends are professional "gamblers" focusing mainly on European soccer. They each have 10+ years of experience with Yields/ROI of 5% and up, depending on the leagues they cover.

Something that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is bet frequency. It seems that may be part of your problem Wetti? My friends typically place an average of 120 bets/month. At that frequency, an assumed yield of 5% and a stake of 2% of your bankroll ($12k) per game, you're already looking at $1500/month. As your stake increases you'd be making 3k/month within a year. At that point you may run into problems if you want to increase your stake further. Curious to hear other people's thoughts on this calculation..

As for myself, I was looking into a way to team up with my friends and leverage their knowledge by creating a blog/subscription site with picks, but after reading through this thread, this may not be the way to go here. They make a good amount of their money from lower leagues in Europe and which would make it hard for anyone to follow as odds could change significantly.

A paid and/or invite-only forum may be another option here and solely provide betting related information, last-minute updates before games that is hard to come by instead of posting specific picks with odds

Wetti

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 6, 2009
Hi,

no I'm not a spammer or scammer. Things in this thread were just that some people, who wanted to work for me, but didnt get the job, talk some bullshit about me...

I have started a new site due to the Tips people gave me in this Thread:
Feuring Sport Investment | Sports Tips Website

Kind regards
Chris

road_runner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
Wetti, i just wanted to share something on the topic. I used to be gambling on NBA games and spent a lot on sbr forums. I am sure you know them. Anyway there was a guy that was giving his picks for free and was hitting like 56-57 % but he was using 1x, 2x 3x picks. Meaning not flat betting only. Guy used 1k $ for unit, had several bookmakers so he could get the best line possible. He ended up 40 units this season. First season he started accepting donations and the following one he converted some of his followers into subscriptions.
I am in no way related to him but you can check his website at This website is currently unavailable. , and get some ideas. If you sell a season subscription of 150-200 euro to 100 guys then you are looking for 20 k per season. Not great but good enough to build on

Wetti

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 6, 2009
I started my site now, but i have no idea how to advertise it . So i'm at the moment on the Slowlane :-(

crlerk

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 4, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
I started my site now, but i have no idea how to advertise it . So i'm at the moment on the Slowlane :-(

I think you should focus on getting the site 110% finished before you start to think to much about getting visitors.
When you have that covered you can start chasing visitors and work on A/B-testing.

A good read regarding launching a site is the original marketing plan for mint.com from 2007, do not mind the age it is solid, download it here.

- Carl-Erik

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Another idea for you:

1. Go to clickbank and see the list for gambling products with the 100 bestselling offers.

2. Contact all site-owners and ask them for an interview (Even if some would want money for interviews, pay it, it's worth it)

3. Create an ebook with a catchy title like "101 betting secrets by 101 betting pro's who made over 100 million combined".

4. Offer this book for free on your website and make sure to ask all of those successful pro's which tips they can give you for getting capital and starting a business in the sportsbetting niche.

Basically your two biggest problems / variables are TRUST and RESULTS.

People won't give you money, because of those two words. And especially in the sportsbetting niche it's very difficult to build up trust.

Your focus shouldn't be build around getting capital, but how can you build up longlasting trust.

a.) free picks - a blog = shows results (make sure your stats look 100% valid and clean)

b.) give away ALL your knowledge for free on your site, free ebooks, interviews whatever. the more of value you show, the more peole will think 'wow, this guy knows his stuff'. Talk to anybody on any blog, site, forum etc. Make your website a source for loads of information on betting.

If you can manage to be a trustworthy source and build up one of the most educating websites in the sportsbetting niche, capital/sales will come.

road_runner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
Another idea for you:
b.) give away ALL your knowledge for free on your site, free ebooks, interviews whatever. the more of value you show, the more peole will think 'wow, this guy knows his stuff'. Talk to anybody on any blog, site, forum etc. Make your website a source for loads of information on betting.

If you can manage to be a trustworthy source and build up one of the most educating websites in the sportsbetting niche, capital/sales will come.

I have to Disagree here, if you provide everything for free, what would you be selling?

Provide solid free picks, but have separate stats for paid picks. And make sure the paid picks are performing better . So if you are good enough with the free picks, people would want to get even more and might buy the paid package. If you are that good , make intentional one or two bad picks for the free ones, so that the paid picks stay on top:)

road_runner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
Another idea for you:

I have to Disagree here, if you provide everything for free, what would you be selling?

Provide solid free picks, but have separate stats for paid picks. And make sure the paid picks are performing better . So if you are good enough with the free picks, people would want to get even more and might buy the paid package. If you are that good , make intentional one or two bad picks for the free ones, so that the paid picks stay on top:)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.