The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm 19, how do I cope with the fact that I could've done more since I knew this niche 3 years ago? Where to start? I live in the Philippines.

jolosd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Apr 14, 2024
I know that everything happens for a reason, but I can't help but feel pissed. I know that I could've taken action 3 years ago to develop a business, but I felt like I had little confidence then. I'm currently reading 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' and I knew about this book way, way before. It just feels like everything is coming through right now, and massive change is happening with my actions in the past few days. I can't help but be pissed with the time wasted, and I'm using that as fuel.

What I mean by 'cope' is how can I outperform myself so much from this day towards that every lazy thing that I did for the past years will be overcompensated.

For starters, my long-term plan (and passion) is tech startups, but I figured I need to take the fast lane path first and build to sell. I want to retire my family first and enjoy my life for a period of time before I neurotically immerse myself in work again. My short-term, tunnel vision right now is cash, and my plan right now is to start creating personal branding then a community while running a cash cow on the side. I know that these questions that I ask are separate questions, but I just want to ask if there's viability for what I do.

At what point of entrepreneurship do I start asking questions to people like these? What I mean is, do I ask for validity of my plan? If yes, what part? What about execution? Etc...

Thanks for answering and book/reading recommendations, please! I don't really know any entrepreneurs IRL, so I'm resorting to here for now. Love y'all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
The best way to prove to yourself that you've actually learned from your past mistakes is to do a good job TODAY.

I'm speaking from experience when I say that this mindset of "I've wasted X years and I can't get over it" is one of the most destructive mental journeys you can embark on.

The past is GONE and nothing will bring it back. NOTHING.

Any minute spent regretting the past is a minute not spent building the future.

Life is brutally harsh and doesn't care about your feelings or expectations of what you think should have happened.

Life also goes in 1 direction only. So you either:
  • Fully understand this fact, adapt to the new reality, and move forward towards victory.
  • Or you keep on looking back, you become obsolete and irrelevant, you get trampled to the ground, and you get eaten alive by wild wolves. You end up in HELL.

We cannot change the past.
We cannot even change the present.

But the future is ours to make.

We can create anything we want for ourselves.

So let's get to work.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Imagine you ruthlessly worked for the past 3 years taking massive action. Where would you be right now? I bet you want that life and wish you can go back in time 3 years to do what needed to be done.

Now imagine if this went on for 10 more years. You're 29 and you realize that you wasted 10 years doing nothing. You would WISH you can go back in time 10 years to do what needed to be done.

But right now you're still 19. You are the 29 year old granted the wish of time travelling back 10 years to do what needs to be done. Do not waste this time now.

Set your grand goal of where you want to be 1 year from now, make a plan of action, make a to-do-list, and start pounding through the work leaving no room for regret in the future.

MarxMelencio

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Apr 3, 2024
@jolosd,

[SNIP]
I can't help but be pissed with the time wasted, and I'm using that as fuel.
/SNIP]

;) I'm not aware of any decent engine that runs on piss.
And besides, even if you could find ways for it to run on piss I bet it just can't take you far enough. :D

Though I think you can start helping yourself right here, right now by really thinking about the mistakes you made and what you learned while you were wasting your time as you said.

:) But putting a spin on your experience could likely generate ideas that might be helpful to others, and to you.
Something like for other young Filipinos to start taking action and to join you while each of you builds your dream businesses and initiatives so as to avoid the pitfalls of wasting time and regretting it later?

[SNIP]
What I mean by 'cope' is how can I outperform myself so much from this day towards that every lazy thing that I did for the past years will be overcompensated.
[/SNIP]

;) Well you have a bunch of options.
One is to work harder. Another's to work smarter. There's also a way to calibrate and combine these things.

;) But what I ended up doing at 24 was to customize the design of a business.
I needed to do this so I can run it on my own and provide employment for others like myself.
And I was starting without any fiscal resources. Just a spare bedroom. A couple of computers. Dial-up Internet.

And the grit to do it.
Which proved to be what works for me. Up 'til today. ;)

I didn't even spend a minute thinking of the time I wasted.
That's because I was paying more attention on not wasting the time that I had right then, right there.

[SNIP]
[ ... ] but I just want to ask if there's viability for what I do.
[/SNIP]

;) I'm not sure what you're asking here.
Is your ask if it's viable to build a personal brand and a community, run a stable income stream on the side, and gradually build a tech startup along the way?

If that's your ask, then I'd say yes It's viable.
There's verifiable proof all around. Others went through the same process, generally speaking, of course.

Here's how I built my personal brand, my community, and how I started with my tech work:
My Introduction Thread
** This briefly goes through the stuff I've been doing for the past 2 decades.
** I started barely a year after being gunned down. At a busy street of Cubao. I was 23. This left me completely blind. Permanently.
(mods, please feel free to take my post down if it looks like self-promotion) :D

[SNIP]
At what point of entrepreneurship do I start asking questions to people like these?
[/SNIP]

;) No better time to start learning than now, if you ask me.

[SNIP]
What I mean is, do I ask for validity of my plan? If yes, what part?
[/SNIP]

:) I recommend learning first how and why some stuff become or are inherently viable, others not as much, and some not at all.
That way, you'll be able to customize a design that best suits your situation, your condition, your available resources, and your targets.

;) I for one believe that it's better to know how to formulate different solutions that work at a variety of levels for the same exact problem, than knowing just one formula that's been handed down from generation to generation without any significant change.
That way, it becomes manipulable, customizable, malleable.

[SNIP]
What about execution? Etc.
[/SNIP]

;) For me, execution is also a creative, iterative process, just like ideation, planning, testing, tweaking, scaling, growth hacking, and expansion.

:) But still, no better time to learn fundamentals than now.

Best of luck! :)

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 8, 2019
You are 19. At this age you are probably starting to think for yourself and seeing how the world actually is. Relax yourself. You sound like you are too old to start a business now or something.

Develope a highly demanded skill in the tech industry. Earn your first money and get access to the industry. Save up some money and make bigger moves.

IceCreamAction

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 20, 2016
Trinidad and Tobago
At your age, everyone will more or less tell you to stop focusing on the past and do something NOW/TODAY.

Before spiraling into your niche etc, here is a simple list
- Finish the book
- Take your current goal (online niche whatever) and use ChatGPT to provide actionable steps to establishing your online presence
- Create an accountability thread on the project
-Update progress weekly/monthly.

See if you can get this done by end of the week.

Taking action teaches you more than any spoon feeding ever will.

Last edited:

jolosd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Apr 14, 2024
At your age, everyone will more or less tell you to stop focusing on the past and do what something NOW/TODAY.

Before spiraling into your niche etc, here is a simple list
- Finish the book
- Take your current goal (online niche whatever) and use ChatGPT to provide actionable steps to establishing your online presence
- Create an accountability thread on the project
-Update progress weekly/monthly.

See if you can get this done by end of the week.

Taking action teach you more than any spoon feeding ever will.
Dumb question but what is an accountability thread how do I create one? Mind sending a link for me to see? Thanks :)

jolosd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Apr 14, 2024
First of all man, your
@jolosd,

;) I'm not aware of any decent engine that runs on piss.
And besides, even if you could find ways for it to run on piss I bet it just can't take you far enough. :D

Though I think you can start helping yourself right here, right now by really thinking about the mistakes you made and what you learned while you were wasting your time as you said.

:) But putting a spin on your experience could likely generate ideas that might be helpful to others, and to you.
Something like for other young Filipinos to start taking action and to join you while each of you builds your dream businesses and initiatives so as to avoid the pitfalls of wasting time and regretting it later?

;) Well you have a bunch of options.
One is to work harder. Another's to work smarter. There's also a way to calibrate and combine these things.

;) But what I ended up doing at 24 was to customize the design of a business.
I needed to do this so I can run it on my own and provide employment for others like myself.
And I was starting without any fiscal resources. Just a spare bedroom. A couple of computers. Dial-up Internet.

And the grit to do it.
Which proved to be what works for me. Up 'til today. ;)

I didn't even spend a minute thinking of the time I wasted.
That's because I was paying more attention on not wasting the time that I had right then, right there.

;) I'm not sure what you're asking here.
Is your ask if it's viable to build a personal brand and a community, run a stable income stream on the side, and gradually build a tech startup along the way?

If that's your ask, then I'd say yes It's viable.
There's verifiable proof all around. Others went through the same process, generally speaking, of course.

Here's how I built my personal brand, my community, and how I started with my tech work:
My Introduction Thread
** This briefly goes through the stuff I've been doing for the past 2 decades.
** I started barely a year after being gunned down. At a busy street of Cubao. I was 23. This left me completely blind. Permanently.
(mods, please feel free to take my post down if it looks like self-promotion) :D

;) No better time to start learning than now, if you ask me.

:) I recommend learning first how and why some stuff become or are inherently viable, others not as much, and some not at all.
That way, you'll be able to customize a design that best suits your situation, your condition, your available resources, and your targets.

;) I for one believe that it's better to know how to formulate different solutions that work at a variety of levels for the same exact problem, than knowing just one formula that's been handed down from generation to generation without any significant change.
That way, it becomes manipulable, customizable, malleable.

;) For me, execution is also a creative, iterative process, just like ideation, planning, testing, tweaking, scaling, growth hacking, and expansion.

:) But still, no better time to learn fundamentals than now.

Best of luck! :)

I looked into your profile and its inspiring and I appreciate the detailed answers. I plan to build the community similar to the idea that you said but my question would be how do I approach building one if I don't have the proof for the entrepreneurship stuff. The "strategy" would be that making everything authentic I guess (in a way that I don't have XYZ but if you're interested come join) and with my own iterations?

MarxMelencio

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Apr 3, 2024
@jolosd,

[SNIP]
I plan to build the community similar to the idea that you said but my question would be how do I approach building one if I don't have the proof for the entrepreneurship stuff. The "strategy" would be that making everything authentic I guess (in a way that I don't have XYZ but if you're interested come join) and with my own iterations?
[/SNIP]

I meant like, "Watch me as I learn and build my business. Build yours If You Want. And let's help each other along the way."
There's value in learning from the experience of others.
Better if you get to watch them go through the experience, from start to finish.
And much more value if the presentation is designed for everyone to learn, to try themselves, and to engage in dialogue.

As for your question about "accountability thread" What I know about this is, it's where you start and regularly update a thread here while you do things to achieve a goal that you set, and for everyone to see, chime in, help out, share, build something alongside you, etc.

ErickMendez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jun 14, 2023
I know that everything happens for a reason, but I can't help but feel pissed. I know that I could've taken action 3 years ago to develop a business, but I felt like I had little confidence then. I'm currently reading 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' and I knew about this book way, way before. It just feels like everything is coming through right now, and massive change is happening with my actions in the past few days. I can't help but be pissed with the time wasted, and I'm using that as fuel.

For starters, my long-term plan (and passion) is tech startups, but I figured I need to take the fast lane path first and build to sell. I want to retire my family first and enjoy my life for a period of time before I neurotically immerse myself in work again. My short-term, tunnel vision right now is cash, and my plan right now is to start creating personal branding then a community while running a cash cow on the side. I know that these questions that I ask are separate questions, but I just want to ask if there's viability for what I do.

At what point of entrepreneurship do I start asking questions to people like these? What I mean is, do I ask for validity of my plan? If yes, what part? What about execution? Etc...

Thanks for answering and book/reading recommendations, please! I don't really know any entrepreneurs IRL, so I'm resorting to here for now. Love y'all.
haha I'm from the philippines too (not manila)

what business you planning to make?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You know what they say…

19 is basically 20. And 20 is basically 30. And 30 is basically nursing home. So… I’d say you’re too late.

Sorry man, you should have thought of this back when you were 11 or 12.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 27, 2016
How lame really, I earned my first million, when I was 9.

You wait until 11?? That is not even at primary school.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 27, 2016

Go read "stumbling on happiness" from daniel gilbert.

I think you just do not know what you want. Just like everyone else.

Just like Abraham Maslow said, "knowing what you want" is a psychological achievement.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 8, 2019
Just like Abraham Maslow said, "knowing what you want" is a psychological achievement.
This is a good approach too, but harder to achieve with a lot of life experience required.

The easier way is to start knowing what you actually don't want and moving from there to what do you need to achieve your want.

jolosd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Apr 14, 2024
You know what they say…

19 is basically 20. And 20 is basically 30. And 30 is basically nursing home. So… I’d say you’re too late.

ikr could have bought bitcoins smh hahahaha

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.