The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If You Don't Understand People, You Don't Understand Business

Anything related to matters of the mind

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
Hope you guys enjoy as much as i did

[video=vimeo;26774102]http://vimeo.com/26774102[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
I really like his speeches, but Im still not sure how starting with Why would bring me financial freedom.. He seems opposed to finding needs in market

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I really like his speeches, but Im still not sure how starting with Why would bring me financial freedom.. He seems opposed to finding needs in market

I think he believes that diversity and coming at issues from multiple angles is an advantage for survival. He's just speaking about what he is best at.

I do agree with you though, perhaps a complimentary viewpoint could be that "We must consider needs in a market, but when we want to connect those products with our customer then we must stop analysing them and be there for the people".

This speech was absolutely breathtaking for me, he ended it very powerfully, and his delivery was thoroughly engaging, which is difficult to do as a speaker. He did a wonderful job and I recommend the watch.

I too would like to hear how it ties in with needs though to extend the understandings further and to attatch them to an outcome.

damien275x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 18, 2011
He is already fulfilling a giant need in society. The need to entertain and temporarily motivate the procrastinator.
Not that I can talk.. I mean I'm sitting here reading and replying to this instead of working. On that note, bye!!

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
can you elaborate more please ?

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
For someone just starting out and needing money, it could well be needs and wants of the market as be all and end all, as a necessity. With someone free from the constraints of daily survival it's 100% why first and needs and wants of the market a way to make the why happen - needs and wants of the market do not determine the direction, they are the means to an end.

Gerber's E-myth Revisited goes into depth about the why. It's life 101 - why are you doing something as opposed to something else...

ions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 26, 2012
I liked his speech. He is a good orator but something about his message didn't sit with me. His last example is powerful and true but he doesn't answer why eventually the fishermen will go back to their regular behavior and compete with each other again. I felt he was slightly more concerned about trying to entertain than to really get at the truth, however, the statement that we get fulfillment when we give / help one another is true in my experience.

He also made a powerful point about the advantageous of not being a chameleon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.