The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I feel superior towards certain people...

The Intrepid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Apr 9, 2011
RyanDrake, I think you'll outgrow that feeling.

I did the same thing when I was your age. It took a few years and several distinct events to change my outlook on things (a little philosophy studies on Stoicism and Fatalism helped as well). Long story short, when I was younger, like you I thought the exact same way you've written about yourself.

Now I get up and run five miles a day before working 10 hours a day then going back to the gym to lift without judging or worrying about anyone else.

I don't know what it is exactly, but the older you get the less "shits" you're willing to give out. Now I just figure they like what they're doing, I like what I'm doing.

And for what it's worth, I enjoy having the TV on while I'm working and I'm a Heat fan who went to every Finals home game.

People do what they enjoy. Period.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
I'm late to this conversation but here's my thought about the guys that aren't living up to their expectations - MJ says there are 2 types of people in the world Producers & Consumers. In my opinion those consumers make it possible for you to be a producer. Might be a bad way to look at thing but reality is the world is always going need garbage men. If we were all Producers we'd drown in all the crap we make.

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
I wouldnt call it a feeling of being superior. Its more likely being at a level that you believe are more beneficial than your peers.

You use your time productively and it overtakes your mind to be in an environment where like-minded people are scarce.
At your age, i would say that you are a level ahead of your peers, but do not let it get to your head. Even tho it might irk you to know that others are living the preconceived lifestyle of the world, just be sure to not become too involved in trying to fix another persons problem until you believe that you are fully on your way to where you want to be.
I am just saying that, not to be selfish, but when you associate yourself with people who are not very motivated and/or young (like yourself), you might tend to fall into the temptation of doing what others around you are. As the saying goes, when in rome, do as the romans do. So my suggestion is to move somewhere else where your productivity is not distracted by "the regulars".

With that said, i respect your endeavors and wish you luck.
People like you keep me motivated because i myself is young (20, 21 in aug) and i appreciate you sharing this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.