The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I’ve never heard a successful entrepreneur say “I don’t really read books.”

wolfie

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Mar 10, 2015
Scottsdale
I’ve never heard a successful entrepreneur say “I don’t really read books.”

Books are the most undervalued asset on Earth, lifetimes and years of wisdom compressed into a few hours, available for a few dollars.

http://taylorpearson.me/best-books-entrepreneurs/

Hopefully this list helps someone. I found a few I need to read. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yes, I myself was told books are waste of time. You won't find anything in there. :p I didn't get so smart from watching television and working outside in the garden. And reading books was being lazy! Hmm...I'm so glad I didn't listen and learned something new every day. I remember being around 18 and read Leo Buscaglia. His advice was learn something new everyday, and bring something to the table. He was a wise man.

a3a8d8c6bcaf8b72e0f98828e500a78a.jpg

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
I've heard from some ultra successful people that reading is just a round-about way of convincing yourself to not take action or execute.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Gary vaynerchuck has actually said in a video he doesn't really read books.

He's actually almost to the point where he has written more books than he has read.

Sure he's probably an outlier when it comes to this, but just thought it was interesting haha.

wolfie

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Mar 10, 2015
Scottsdale
I've heard from some ultra successful people that reading is just a round-about way of convincing yourself to not take action or execute.
Absolutely. I've been guilty of this myself. But there's no denying the knowledge books can contain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfie

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Mar 10, 2015
Scottsdale
Gary vaynerchuck has actually said in a video he doesn't really read books.

He's actually almost to the point where he has written more books than he has read.

Sure he's probably an outlier when it comes to this, but just thought it was interesting haha.
Yeah he's working on the ask garyvee book now. His motivational videos are something else. You're right, I've never heard of him mentioning books that much. Probably because he knows people. He know that if he says anything other than "hustle your a$$ off" they would probably do that instead of taking action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I suppose at this level of the game it can be. When you're trying to break out of certain places in life, you have to unlearn anything and learn new ways to communicate, think, and behave before you can even decide to make the right choices and take the right actions.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
A lot of great entrepreneurs have written a lot of great books with worthy advice. Some of my favorites are those by Richard Branson, or Felix Dennis. I loved the Beatles, and Felix Dennis talks about how John Lennon shot him down when he was auditioning for him one day. Pretty cool stuff!

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I suppose at this level of the game it can be. When you're trying to break out of certain places in life, you have to unlearn anything and learn new ways to communicate, think, and behave before you can even decide to make the right choices and take the right actions.
I feel like a lot of self-help books are kind of like this. TMF really broke that stereotype for me though because it gave me a lot of good information on what a good business looks like from the inside, and how it should be run. Thanks MJ!

wolfie

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Mar 10, 2015
Scottsdale
A lot of great entrepreneurs have written a lot of great books with worthy advice. Some of my favorites are those by Richard Branson, or Felix Dennis. I loved the Beatles, and Felix Dennis talks about how John Lennon shot him down when he was auditioning for him one day. Pretty cool stuff!
I still havent read anything by Richard Branson or Felix. I need to get on it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.