The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to remove "angry" emoji on your Facebook Ad

Marketing, social media, advertising

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Ever had some troll or angry customer react with a negative emoji on your FB ad?

I'm sure you have... and you know how that can affect sales.

Here's how you battle that: 2017-08-26_0912

Go out and conquer.

John

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
dang. my jaw hit the flow till i watched the video.

This doesn't remove anything. You are just simply getting more positive emoji's than the negative ones.

That's just normal FB..

I was ready to rep you my purse if true :(

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
dang. my jaw hit the flow till i watched the video.

This doesn't remove anything. You are just simply getting more positive emoji's than the negative ones.

That's just normal FB..

I was ready to rep you my purse if true :(

You are technically correct, it doesn't remove the emoji. But it does hides them so that your ads stand a chance of getting engagement from new people that otherwise would be turned off by the negative emoji and just scroll to the next post in their newsfeed.

Try to run an ad that has negative/angry emojis and run the exact same ad but hide the negative emoji, I'm confident the one not showing the negative ones will outperform the other one most of the time.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
Try to run an ad that has negative/angry emojis and run the exact same ad but hide the negative emoji, I'm confident the one not showing the negative ones will outperform the other one most of the time.
I agree that the ad that doesn't show the angry face will perform better 100%.

However, this is just like all the Amazon sellers posting fake 5 star reviews on crappy products to combat all the 1 stars. Only worse because you'll need 3 higher scoring happy emoji's to out due the angry faces.

While it works on small engagement ads, It's not something that scale.

I will say that I do something very similar on all my ads to start them off ;)

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I will say that I do something very similar on all my ads to start them off ;)

You and me both! Especially for organic posts, the first ten minutes is the crucial time to get engagement in if you want Facebook to push your post out to get as big an audience as possible.

If you don't want to go down the sneaky route of having separate Facebook accounts to do it then I'd recommend setting up Facebook pages that have names over brands (Bob Smith over Healthy Living) then when people hover over them it looks a lot more natural

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.