The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Presell in Ecommerce?

Marketing, social media, advertising
A

ANON29512

Hello folks,

As I have discussed in my progress thread, I'm the owner of a new e-commerce store in Spain, sourcing products directly from China.

One container was loaded today and will arrive in month. I plan to presell it meanwhile. Any tips, advice, to do, to avoid, important steps, etc that can make life easier?:)

Reason is obvious, generate revenue while product is being shipped... and to keep myself going nuts from boredom. :)

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
What ecommerce solution do you use?

What is your main challenge with this task?

Damage Inc.

There's no return from 86
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
Here's what I can think of. Set customer expectations realistically and build in a little bit of room for a minor delay. If you're using a logistics or freight forwarding type of company for any part of the shipping check in with them regularly and try to build up a relationship with your rep. I assume you've already had samples, so hopefully you don't have issues with defects. And just keep in mind that if you're offering the product early with an increased lead time of over a month on a product that would normally ship out next day it may be a tough sale, depending on what the product is. Hope it works out well for you.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Most people want their purchases like yesterday. I would expect a good discount if I was to pony up now and not get the goods for a month unless this was Kickstarter and I really wanted the product.

A

ANON29512

What ecommerce solution do you use?

What is your main challenge with this task?

I use prestashop.

Well, mainly how to go about doing this? Right now, I just think I should write a short guide and explain how it works, date of delivery, what to expect, etc and start marketing the products. I couldn't finfd any guides or websites related to this at all on the web! But this might turn out to be a really simple thing after all.

Thanks for the tips guys, I really do offer really great discounts, so it's worth to wait. For some people, it's not that urgent. I'll keep some room for possible delays.

But if all else fails, the arrived products ship in 1-2 days so people will buy I know it. I'll probably detail my preselling experiences in my thread for others in a month. Thanks guys!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Are they propriety products? If not I wouldn't do this. Itll be a waste of time, or if you are taking money, you risk losing your merchant account.

RSN

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 5, 2014
There's an app called celery that does that, but I don't know if they're available in Spain or if it would be a good fit for you. Anyway, check it out and see if it's what you're looking for

https:// www.trycelery .com

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.