The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Market a New E-Commerce Store (Question)

Marketing, social media, advertising

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
I'm wondering a few things....

Importance of SEO on a new e-commerce store when selling something that has very high competition. Would it be smart to throw the SEO out of the window at this point and focus on other avenues?

PPC /CPM/ETC - How much should you focus on this at first?

Social Media Marketing - This could definitely get you customer #1 but, how can it get you let's say 100 customers consistently every month? (I'm sure it goes back to customer #1 and building up that following to reach a bigger audience) - So would this be high importance then?

Blog Marketing - Opinions?

Amazon, Ebay, Craigslist - Opinions?

Offline Marketing - It seems like this is the biggest sure-fire way to grow your business. Opinions on where to start with this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
bump

SerpKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jun 6, 2013
Very general broad questions.

You should probably take some time and read through some posts on this forum. Use the search, there are countless strategies and processes outlined on here.

Get your feet wet and try some stuff out. It would be silly to throw any form of marketing "out the window".

Start a blog on your store, publish a ton of great content

Guest Post on blogs in your niche.

Optimize your site for SEO.

Make social media accounts, regularly use them. Try facebook ads

Try SEO techniques

Give out free product in exchange for reviews

Start an affiliate program and hunt down affiliates

Start a youtube channel, produce content

Run contests on your facebook page

Make a viral youtube video

So many things to try, just go try something!

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
As I have said time, and time again. Do everything. It's marketing, the goal is to reach as much of your demographic as possible.

royalasg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 21, 2013
Bangladesh
Without SEO you are in an Island ;). When you write a Meta title, description for your product you are doing SEO ;)...why are you writing meta, because you want people when they search in search engine that they can find you :D this is SEO. Yes you can spent money on PPC AD but how much you can spend and how long you can pay and how many people will buy your product who are comming through ad and what if that everypeople comes through ad and they don't buy? Advertizer will take money from you on per click whether a customer buy or not. On the Orgnic ranking through SEO can give a tons of free visitor and search engine will not charge you for that. And I didn't mean that you shouldn't do PPC this also a part of SEO. Use all online channels to promote your business.

And yes Blog is great idea, create your own community with blog and promote them your product.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Without SEO you are in an Island ;). When you write a Meta title, description for your product you are doing SEO ;)...why are you writing meta, because you want people when they search in search engine that they can find you :D this is SEO. Yes you can spent money on PPC AD but how much you can spend and how long you can pay and how many people will buy your product who are comming through ad and what if that everypeople comes through ad and they don't buy? Advertizer will take money from you on per click whether a customer buy or not. On the Orgnic ranking through SEO can give a tons of free visitor and search engine will not charge you for that. And I didn't mean that you shouldn't do PPC this also a part of SEO. Use all online channels to promote your business.

And yes Blog is great idea, create your own community with blog and promote them your product.

I don't see SEO/blogging an option for me personally since I am joining such a crowded space though. I'm looking for more of a consistent way I can generate sales and grow from there. I'm thinking it has to be offline.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
I think swap meets / selling to small retailers in person is how i'm going to start // get rid of the first load

royalasg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 21, 2013
Bangladesh
I don't see SEO/blogging an option for me personally since I am joining such a crowded space though. I'm looking for more of a consistent way I can generate sales and grow from there. I'm thinking it has to be offline.
No problem you can go offline its your business you can use all available promotional channel or can some of them whether it is "online" or "offline". Understand your audience like, where they gather and promot your business.

Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.