The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get over your ex

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
She's out of the ballpark, gentlemen! You've hit her out and she doesn't want to come back. However, there's a lot more you will hit, even with that depectively amazing .300 batting average of yours. You just have to hit a lot more before you find that next spectacular home run. And this one will come back for more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jason91

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2015
USA
She's out of the ballpark, gentlemen! You've hit her out and she doesn't want to come back. However, there's a lot more you will hit, even with that depectively amazing .300 batting average of yours. You just have to hit a lot more before you find that next spectacular home run. And this one will come back for more.
Well.. since I'm not clearly understanding your message in this poem of yours, I will respond based on the title.

Just get over it.

I think this is one of the most important traits you need in business - being able to accept failures, setbacks, or unfortunate circumstances.

Looking at actions you can take to move things forward. Just get over it - plenty of people in the world - don't let your emotions cloud logical reasoning. Lol

SenGracic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 12, 2015
Canada
All relationships have good and bad moments. You learn a lot from them. The way I see it is simple : We loved each other for a X period of time, we learned from each other, we had great moments but our ways were not going into the same direction so we had to cut it. After all, I will always remember the good times, I will learn from the bad and my next relationship will only benefit from it.

It's sad to let someone you love go but life is made that way, you can't keep someone/something yours forever especially in 2015 when it comes to love.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Never put metaphors into a blender, this is what happens.

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
Telling someone to just get over their ex is like telling an asylum patient to just stop being insane.
Yes, because being an overly emotional manchild is comparable to a mental illness. It's incredibly cringe worthy to watch how most men deal with break-ups

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
This is hard to explain (kinda gotta be in the place to understand), but I don't think you'll be happy with someone if you need them, it's when you don't need them that you two can be happy because then you can be yourself. If someone doesn't like you for who you are, I'd have 0 problem showing them the door. I think a breakup is easier to handle when you begin to realize your self-worth and stand up for yourself.

If your girl is breaking up with you because you cheated/lied, did something to break a lot of trust, that's different, chalk up your losses, mourn and time will heal the wounds.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Well.. since I'm not clearly understanding your message in this poem of yours, I will respond based on the title.

Just get over it.

I think this is one of the most important traits you need in business - being able to accept failures, setbacks, or unfortunate circumstances.

Looking at actions you can take to move things forward. Just get over it - plenty of people in the world - don't let your emotions cloud logical reasoning. Lol

I just realized my poem could be misconstrued to append to an ugly meaning. No, do not *physically* hit your ex. But you can spank her ;)

1. Cry and grieve ... for as long as it takes
2. Look at positive actions as jason91 mentioned
3. Take these actions in spite of the risk

Success! Spot on analogy, with respect to business.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Ehh... I've heard advice recently that once you find someone who you click with, GO BACK if you messed it up, cause it doesn't really get better. I have to say, after having a loving relationship at 27-29...now at 30, I just don't see a new loving relationship coming out of nowhere..it's like the older and wiser and less naive you get its harder not to analyze and surrender to it.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Ehh... I've heard advice recently that once you find someone who you click with, GO BACK if you messed it up, cause it doesn't really get better. I have to say, after having a loving relationship at 27-29...now at 30, I just don't see a new loving relationship coming out of nowhere..it's like the older and wiser and less naive you get its harder not to analyze and surrender to it.

Alcohol helps. A lot.

For health junkies, get in the present ASAP and stay there for as long as possible. Breathe often. These things just happen; you don't go out looking for them. So every time a girl smiles at you and you go back into thinking you're with your ex for blah reason, you're not helping anyone.

juturna

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 3, 2015
Relationships are stupid to begin with. Why not just wait until some chick comes randomly into your life and shows you she's worth it?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

Put it in 4WD.

carlolacson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Mar 17, 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
Find someone better and will like you on who you truly are. There are plenty of fishes in the sea. Like others said time will heal your wounds and it's not easy to get over it but you have to face it in order to become stronger and be better to handle relationship next time.

D

Deleted20833

Learn how to attract women

If you had 10 hot chicks who you
could text right now that would
be more than happy to spend time
with you

I'd doubt you'd care that much

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Time bro...time.

I made a post about my ex on here last year. Felt bad then. Now, she's pregnant. Me? Guess what I don't give? That's right! A damn.

It's going to take some time to get over it and move on. When you do though? You won't give a *insert 4 letter word*.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Know that at some level everything happens for you. And, how you feel now is the fuel that allows you to grow into your ultimate self. Be grateful, for without it, you simply wouldn't grow.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Learn how to attract women

If you had 10 hot chicks who you
could text right now that would
be more than happy to spend time
with you

I'd doubt you'd care that much

But this is assumed that the man would have a lifestyle that is bringing an influx of positive results. Why else would women be around him?

D

Deleted20833

But this is assumed that the man would have a lifestyle that is bringing an influx of positive results. Why else would women be around him?
That's what I'm saying...he has to learn how to attract women...that includes lifestyle, fashion, health, personality, etc

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
What is your deepest fear?
If you try to get over it but face a lot of resistance and you can't, then your only other way is to let yourself sink in, directly in to that fear, in the eye of that storm - let it overwhelm you, accept all what comes with it and completely surrender to it.
It is not really the fear that makes us suffer... it is the resistance to that fear.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.